For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
peted93's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 2:51 AM

AT&T $650 Trade In Promo

It appears I am getting mixed answers when I ask this question to AT&T. I pre ordered an iPhone plus through Apple on Sept 9. AT&T was not promoting the $650 trade when I bought it. I want to get a definitive answer to make sure I am elgible for the trade in since I did not go through AT&T and I did not have an option for the trade in promo.
Customer Service told me to go to a store, if they do, write down the manager's name down to make sure I get the promo. One store said yes they will honor it and another store said I should contact the Customer Service Number since they don't make the rules. Can someone clarify if I am eligible?

Thanks,
Pete

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@peted93

Im still waiting for a better definition of the promotion as well.  Check back tomorrow to see if they (ATT legal and sales)  figured it out.

As of Friday, there were conflicting offers, supposedly the same offer, but different wording on the "directions to redeem" the offer that cause me to question exactly what the offer and intent are.

It looks to me like so body messed up BIG.

You can read for yourself:   https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

As as opposed to this original offer:

image.png

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 have we also figured out whether or not you had to get the iPhone 7 directly through AT&T or not? I've seen conflicting reports. But that document just says as long as you got it on AT&T Next.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Not yet.  We need answers we don't have. 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

you are better off selling your iPhone than trading it in. My iphone 6 16gb that I had in an Otterbox from day 1, looked brand new, was only offered $160 for a trade. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Burea as I had seen the offer as @lizdance40 has posted. Got a call from AT&T and they would not honor the ad as that is not what they see on the AT&T website because it had been changed to UP TO $650.

I think AT&T is going to get a lot of complaints because of the original ad that come out but they won't abide by that ad.

I think that @ATTMobilityCare should look at the ad and see how they interpret the ad and make them live up to the original add as that is bait and switch.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@kdfederer

I left a message and Becky is looking into it.  No answer yet.  I agree, we are going to see some ugly posts over this one.  

The original published add is very misleading.  The wording supports $650 in credits for any iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6S or 6s plus in excellent running and cosmetic condition.   No "up to" is in the add, or fine print.

No matter what ATT intended, they will have to honor what they printed on the website on Sept 9

They have slightly altered the original offer, but still is a $650, not an "up to" $650 offer.

IMG_4709.PNG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hopefully there is a good chance they back track.  Seems like T-mobile and Verizon's deal are pretty clear that it is a full $650 for an iphone 6 or 6s.  I am holding off.  It may cost them customers.  I am considering switching.  Verizon prices don't seem to be higher now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Here is my converstation with the chat room.  I tried to get a copy of the transcript sent to my email but it didn't seem to work.  Anyone know if this will hold up if AT&T decides to back track?

2016-09-21 part 1.png2016-09-21 part 2.png

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

There would be no reason to restrict trade-ins to iPhone 6 or 6s's if it truly is "up to $650". Where are folks seeing "up to" because I'm not seeing it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Spreading the word on the promotion:

Copied from the answer by our fabulous (and patient) Becky:
A.   The “offer details” on the sales page are just that – legalese (details) about the offer. They are not the full story. They don’t tell anyone how to redeem the offer, simply that the offer exists.
if your phone is in good shape – then you will get the $650. The promo code listed in this article - FALL2016TRADE – basically “overrides” the value with which you are presented in the flow.
So yes, Liz, the promo code is the magic wand. You nailed it.
If you have questions about the value of your phone – and this is where the “up to $650” means something – check here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1011886
The key to this promotion - the magic wand - is following the steps in the support article, and using that promo code.

Q.    Thanks for the clarification. Do we know what happens if someone submits a phone claiming to be in good shape but it isn't?
Does that fall under that "up to" part and they just get a reduced amount of money as if they did a regular trade in or does it completely voice their trade-in and they get nothing?
A.    If someone turns in a defective or otherwise misrepresented phone, they will get actual value as installment credits, not $650.

So if the phone is iCloud locked, blacklisted or water damaged or otherwise less than expected condition you should expect problems.  

I suggest you turn in IN PERSON at an ATT corporate store.

How to trade in, don't forget the promo code!
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

One thing to consider that if you did not use AT&T NEXT to purchase your new iPhone 7, you will not qualify for the AT&T promotion, as that promotion requires that the iPhone 7/7 Plus be purchased using AT&T NEXT, as the promotion is aid as bill credits equal to the NEXT payment for the 32GB iPhone 7 as long as the NEXT agreement is in good standing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.