For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
callie.crk.kuczek's profile

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

Thursday, December 19th, 2013 3:32 PM

Closed

$45.00 a month smart phone plans now on AT&T?

Hello everyone.  A friend of mine told me that she saw an AT&T Wireless commercial last night advertising new $45.00 a month smart phone plans.  I went and looked on the web site and I cannot find anything pertaining to what she was talking about.  Am I just looking at the wrong section of the AT&T site?  Could someone post the link, in the response, to the page I can view the information about this plan?  I am considering getting it, if it's available.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

To clarify, you are NOT paying a "subisdy fee". You have NO contract and have either a $25 a month line access fee or $15 access fee vs. $40 for being in a contract.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I love AT&T but it has gotten way too expensive. But one thing that now these companies are doing is providng no contract services. I am tired of paying off termination fees when life issues happen. Two years locked in a contract when finances suddenly take  a tumble is not reasonable. I am going with the no contract plans from now on. AT&T service is the most reliable and I prefer it but I am never getting locked into a contract again. Some of us are not made of money!

@callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Hello everyone.  A friend of mine told me that she saw an AT&T Wireless commercial last night advertising new $45.00 a month smart phone plans.  I went and looked on the web site and I cannot find anything pertaining to what she was talking about.  Am I just looking at the wrong section of the AT&T site?  Could someone post the link, in the response, to the page I can view the information about this plan?  I am considering getting it, if it's available.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@zoey5552 wrote:

I love AT&T but it has gotten way too expensive. But one thing that now these companies are doing is providng no contract services. I am tired of paying off termination fees when life issues happen. Two years locked in a contract when finances suddenly take  a tumble is not reasonable. I am going with the no contract plans from now on. AT&T service is the most reliable and I prefer it but I am never getting locked into a contract again. Some of us are not made of money!

@callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

then it is your lucky day - Mobile share with the phone obtained under the next plan gives you want you want, no 2 year commiment just a 20 or 26 month payment arangement on the full retail price of the device, you can upgrade at 12 months with the trade in of the device if you are on the 20 month installment plan.

Mobile Share

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=LZI2nGAlp5B

ATT Next

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html#fbid=LZI2nGAlp5B

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

This is a real plan and yes it is $45 a month for 10 GB of data, unlimited talk, and text (plus $15 for each added line). However, it is a non-subsided no contract plan, meaning you can't upgrade your phone every 2 years for free or with a discount. You either bring your own device or pay monthly installments on the phone for 2 years until it is paid off. An iPhone 4S for example is an additional $25 a month for 2 years.

I switched to this plan yesterday and all of this was not initially explained to me but I am happy with it. What you may not realize is that if you are currently under contract with a phone you received prior to February 2, it will be grandfathered in and you will not have to purchase the phone. This came in handy with 3 of my lines. I did upgrade one of them yesterday and I am paying the monthly charge for it.

Overall, this is MUCH less than my prior bill, but I have to be prepared to either buy my own phone or make additonal payments when I get ready to upgrade.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

did you find a website or did you go to an att retailer store?

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I just got on Mobile Share and I love it so far! But it has changed to $65 but that's OK. I am enjoying my new phone and the features. You do pay for what you want! Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Your friend is right. Because I'm on the 45 buck monthly plan. No you don't have to bring your own phone. You have to buy one of the pay go phones. I brought a Microsoft Windows pay go phone. It's a prepaid plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Some one I know has this plan and dint pay on it after the 30 days were up...

Yet I always see her on the phone...texting and talking....How is this the possable?   She is a teenager so they know tricks  I wouldn't know.....

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If it's an iPhone and you are running the messages app, you can "text"/"call" other iPhones over Wifi.  Or if you use some other messaging app (Skype, Facebook Messenger) you can also use wifi for phone-like functions.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Johanna13 wrote:

Some one I know has this plan and dint pay on it after the 30 days were up...

Yet I always see her on the phone...texting and talking....How is this the possable?   She is a teenager so they know tricks  I wouldn't know.....

And how do you know she didn't pay for it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.