Get the myAT&T app
callie.crk.kuczek's profile

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

Thursday, December 19th, 2013 3:32 PM

Closed

$45.00 a month smart phone plans now on AT&T?

Hello everyone.  A friend of mine told me that she saw an AT&T Wireless commercial last night advertising new $45.00 a month smart phone plans.  I went and looked on the web site and I cannot find anything pertaining to what she was talking about.  Am I just looking at the wrong section of the AT&T site?  Could someone post the link, in the response, to the page I can view the information about this plan?  I am considering getting it, if it's available.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Hello everyone.  A friend of mine told me that she saw an AT&T Wireless commercial last night advertising new $45.00 a month smart phone plans.  I went and looked on the web site and I cannot find anything pertaining to what she was talking about.  Am I just looking at the wrong section of the AT&T site?  Could someone post the link, in the response, to the page I can view the information about this plan?  I am considering getting it, if it's available.

only if you bring your own smartphone -

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=d9tMQGgvsRG?tab2

20.00 - 300 MB data

25.00 - no commitment smartphone

-------

If you don;t have a vaiable smartphone then you need to get one through the Next plan which will add the monthly installment plan for the phone

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Such pricing with useful voice and data plans tend to come from AT&T MVNO's. They are reselling capacity on the AT&T network at a lower price point by taking away customer service, some functionality, and phone subsidies. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@mark98201 wrote:

Such pricing with useful voice and data plans tend to come from AT&T MVNO's. They are reselling capacity on the AT&T network at a lower price point by taking away customer service, some functionality, and phone subsidies. 

more importantly they do not have to support the 175K cost of building a single tower, no equipment overhead just pure profit after paying the monthly tower rental charges

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I've seen the ad in question.
You can see our plans easily here.
www.myattrpc.com
The $45 is for smartphones out of contract, or under the Next program, not counting the installments for the phone.
The Mobile Share Value 300mb, provided Unlimited Talk & Text, and 300mb of data.

-Alex

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Att lies .be sure you record all conversations with customer service at all times .I spent 42 min on the phone eith cust ser on 12 26 13 at 551 pm , came up with a reasonable plan to add a new phone  and today 1/4/14  theres no such plan or theve never heard of it.now ladt week I was in the aat store and even the att employess says cust service lies to you all the time.record all your conversations .

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

you'd be better off spending 179 or less bucks for the Nokia Lumia 5200 (off contract, not the Go Phone) or  Motorola Moto G w/16gb of space (free 50gb google drive for 2yrs) and going with an MVNO.

you'd get unlimited phone/text and 2.5gb data for 45ish $ vs unlimited talk/text and 300mb of data with the ATT plan you're talking about.

The AT&T Next plan is an option, but you're still better off purchasing a phone straight up.

Next is a great idea. If you weren't still paying the subsidy fee that's already in your monthly bill.

paying 600.00 for a phone over 20months is a great service.

Paying 600.00 over 20months, plus a monthly subsidy fee that would normally recover the cost of the phone you pay .99cents for is not. I'd rather not pay 2x give or take the retail cost of a phone.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Some MVNOs are horrid to deal with. Customer service, support etc.. is often a nightmare.

Not many  MVNOs are making a ton of money. They are often used to increase market share and revenue from advertising and to reach areas of low profit.

MVNOs use carrier towers etc.. for their service. 

If there's a new tower going up, it isn't because AT&T is doing it to cater to the needs of Acme Wireless.

Some carriers are offering tech support and customer service options to MVNOs.

I can use ATT's AIO service. I can use Straight Talk. There hasn't been an increase towers in this area.

MVNOs and carriers both have their pros and cons for the consumer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

ALSO, besides what others are telling you, it maybe 45.00 for the FIRST year, after that it will be 2000.00 per month! They get you be saying  ' oh we have the best plans but its only for the next 12 months and after that it will be double'  they have to make it up some where...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Holy carp!!!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@mom1925 wrote:

ALSO, besides what others are telling you, it maybe 45.00 for the FIRST year, after that it will be 2000.00 per month! They get you be saying  ' oh we have the best plans but its only for the next 12 months and after that it will be double'  they have to make it up some where...

hmm - documentation please

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.