Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
lrosenman's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Thursday, December 12th, 2013 6:57 PM

Transfer Cap?

2 questions:

1) with the 300 meg/s service, what's the upload side?

2) What's the monthly or other cap on data transfer if any ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@lrosenman wrote:

2 questions:

1) I haven't seen this published.

2) 1 TB/month.

Correction on 1):  I have seen this published: "GigaPoweroffers upstream speeds 20 times faster than what's available today".  Interpreting this as 20 times the 6 Mbps upstream available for 45 Mbps downstream, then the upstream speed would be 120 Mbps.

This is only my interpretation.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@lrosenman wrote:

2 questions:

According to this PR it is symetrical. http://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/gigapower.html#fbid=YM624_pob5r

The fastest Austin Internet speeds ever!

We're proud to introduce the next generation of U-verse. We're investing heavily in Austin to install a 100% fiber network, delivered straight to the home.

• 300Mbps download and upload speeds
  • Free upgrade to speeds up to 1Gbps in mid-2014*
  • Plus our fastest in-home Wi-Fi speeds

Of course there's always the "Up To" disclaimer to take into account. http://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/gigapower.html#fbid=YM624_pob5r

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet 300: Internet speed claims represent maximum speed capabilities. Speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Actual speeds vary based on Internet factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, and use of other U-verse services. U-verse Internet price includes 1TB of data/mo. $10 for each additional 50GB, with a maximum monthly overage charge of $30. For more information, go to www.att.com/internet-usage.

This also explains the caps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Thank You!

I'm now a happy camper (as soon as the system gives me a date 🙂

Appreciate the fast responses!

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

@lrosenman , does JefferMC answer your questions? You can send us a Private Message here and we'd be happy to contact you if you need any other information.  

Thanks for your post! 

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks @JefferMC , it looks like you nailed it! 

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

The only remaining question is WHEN. 🙂 

I just put the order in this morning, and the system says to wait 24 hrs to see when.....

300/120 or even 300/50 will do nicely.....

(I've been doing between 250g and 400g /month on TWC, so the 1TB is fine. 

It would be nice(tm) if the exact speeds and caps were more easily accessable to us. 🙂 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I found the cap in the offer details link on the ordering site.  The other came from the press releases available almost anywhere (and knowing the 6 Mbps is the maximum VDSL2 upstream rate currently available).

I don't know whether AT&T will be enforcing this 1 TB/month cap or not, as they have, but do not enforce, a cap on VDSL2 users of 250 GB/month.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't enforce it except for folks REALLY abusing (multi-TB/mo) the service. 

having worked in the ISP biz in the late 90s/early 2000's I can understand NOT saying unlimited 🙂 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@lrosenman wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't enforce it except for folks REALLY abusing (multi-TB/mo) the service. 

having worked in the ISP biz in the late 90s/early 2000's I can understand NOT saying unlimited 🙂 

Agree with your first point.  And I undestand not saying unlimited as well, but you and I are definitely in the minority.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

I'll know more on Saturday after the install is done 🙂 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.