Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
fustratedVerse's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 12:44 AM

running in circles accomplishing nothing

How can I get help if I can't add any contact information???  I inherited billing responsibilities from another person who left the company.  Information is scarce and lacking.  So I call my handy dandy AT&T person.  After 20 minutes on hold and uncountable automated prompts, a real person answers.  So I explain my predicament.  So, the handy dandy AT&T person says, what is the 4 digit code.  I explain again, information is scarce and lacking and I don't have it.  So, the handy dandy AT&T person says, "What is the security answer".  I explain (my third time), information is scarce and lacking and I don't have it.  So, the handy dandy AT&T person says, "I can't help you unless you can give me the 4 digit code or the security answer".  Now, for the 4th time I explain, the previous person who set up this account is no longer with the company and information is scarce and lacking and I don't have it.  Now if AT&T had caller ID, they could see I was calling from the same phone number on the bill, but apparently they don't.  I was not offered to be called back at the number on the U-Verse bill.  I was told that to do what I needed to do is go to a local AT&T store with a bill, our company Tax ID# and a photo ID and they could help

So I made a trip a few hours ago to an AT&T store and explain my situation.  So, the AT&T person looks at my bill, sees its a Uverse bill.  So, the AT&T person states "we don't really take care of things like this, we take care of wireless customers."  So I explain my situation again (have you noticed that AT&T people are hard of hearing?).  So, the AT&T person decides he can do something.  So he call someone.  Another AT&T person I suppose.  They want me to give them the 4 digit code.  I explain, I don't have it (yes, AT&T folks are hard of hearing).  Then I'm asked for the answer to the security question.  I explain, I don't have it and that I came to the AT&T store at the express instructions from the telephone AT&T person with the required information to fix this situation.  Now the AT&T store person talks to the phone AT&T person.    At last they can help.  I just need to provide a second form of photo ID.  (Side Bar: anyone with any sort of sense of personal security know to not carry two forms of gov't issued ID cards with photos).  I explain that I don't have carry a second photo ID and am here with what the handy dandy AT&T person told me to bring. So the AT&T store person talks to the phone AT&T person again.  The store AT&T  asks again for a second photo ID (This is not an exaggeration!  Truth is stranger than fiction).  So, yes, you get the picture, I explain yet again.  So the AT&T store person talks to the phone AT&T person again.  Then I'm told I have to have a second photo ID (another sidebar...how many photo IDs does it take for a US citizen to get a passport...ONE!)

So now I have to make another trip.  But this time I will make a trip to my bank and stop payment so I can be AT&T free!.

Yet I am flexible.  Does anyone at AT&T who has the ability to fix this willing to call me?  It's time AT&T tries to help in a situation I have no other control over.  But how will they call?  This is a public forum and posting phone numbers is a no-no.  It doesn't take a lighting fast mind to figure out that AT&T has created yet another barrier.

I do plan to monitor this post.  Reply if you are AT&T.

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @fustratedVerse

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  I want to apologize for the poor customer experience you had thus far.  I will be happy to get you some help.  Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Account#:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Update 5/26/2017.

Earlier today I received a call from a person who claimed to be with "the office of the President of AT&T"  (I thought about asking for two forms of photo ID but didn't).  I'm encouraged.  She said she needs to know what I need.  "Uhmmmm...access to the account" I replied with bewilderment.  After covering the facts with her she explains she will have someone call me to assist me.  So I'm getting a call from the "office of the President of AT&T" and she cannot help (so who runs AT&T?).  I ask why I have to talk to yet another AT&T person only to be told "so to identify you".  "Well," I explain, "as i stated in my post information is lacking, so how will they identify me?"  This question was avoided and I was told again someone from AT&T will call by next Tuesday.

So....Standby.....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Here is the UPDATE!

The Office of the President person state to me that I would be contacted by 5:00 p.m. today.  It is now 6:35 p.m. on Tuesday May 30, 2017.   I have not been contacted.  There are four people in this office to answer the telephone, we would not have "missed" the call.

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @fustratedVerse

Thank you for letting me know and I definitely  apologize once again for the frustrations this has caused.  Let me follow-up with my Escalation Team to make sure we get this on the right track.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Update: Wednesday 31 May 2017

An AT&T person called to tell me that a new PIN for our UVerse account has been generated and will be postal mailed to the address on the account (which happens to be where I work!).  So once I receive this I should have no troubles accessing the account.    A few hours later the office of the AT&T president called to tell me the same thing (sigh).

Interesting enough, I don't understand why it has been so difficult to get on this path to resolve this issue.  Had I not posted my original rant, my only resolution was to stop payment on the account so AT&T would close it.  My history of other encounters with AT&T does not bode well.

I certainly hope the new PIN opens the door for me but am not holding my breath.  Either way I will post again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Mostly final update.

It was last week, on Monday 5 June 2017 that I received my PIN in the mail. Before I go further, keep in mind this PIN is super secret, and AT&T regards it as very sensitive information, critical to customer access security.  The new PIN was delivered to me in a  hand written envelope, both the return address and my address (did AT&T run out of letterhead?).  The letter inside was NOT on AT&T letterhead.  Now my confidence is very low that this actually came from AT&T.  So I decide I better call an AT&T person.  To my surprise the PIN was accurate!  But I'm concerned so I change it.

Today I received three letters on AT&T letterhead all stating the same thing, that my OffLine Passcode had changed.  The first letter is dated June 5, 2017, the second is dated June 6, 2017 and the third is dated June 7, 2017.    Hold on folks, I didn't change my Offline passcode three times!  (bunny trail here:  Why is this number referred to as a PIN in some places and a Passcode in others....confusing).  So I call the AT&T phone number on the letters (all three have the same number).  The AT&T lady, Charley, says my PIN did not change but once (I asked about my Passcode changing, not PIN).  The second and third letters were from AT&T test verifications but that I should ignore them.

AT&T desperately needs to clean their customer communication in a way that makes sense and stops the confusion and unnecessary.  AT&T raised my account fee without a single improvement in service.  I have spent hours on this single issue, including today.  AT&T had no need to send me three letters for the same change.  Poor customer service and communication costs money that is just passed on to the customers.

The day is coming that I will be AT&T free.  And that will be a good day.

Not finding what you're looking for?