Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
isabelle_st's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2011 11:59 PM

Worst Customer Service I've Ever Encountered

Dear AT&T, where do I even begin?  I have never dealt with a more inept, unqualified, ridiculous company in my life.  I cannot even believe that you consider yourself a service oriented company when service is not at all what you get. Unless you qualify endless amounts of phone calls and orders and transfers to departments and still nine days later no phone or internet than it's great service!  Again, I attempted to rectify the order I placed 11 days ago by calling customer service...I was transferred to 5 different departments and still no one could tell me what the status of the order is.  This is par for the course as I have spoken to at least 20 customer service reps over the course of the last week as well as two supervisors and one technician who actualy went to install equipment but the order was incorrect.  I have been told the number needs to be ported, transferred and a brand new order for service needs to be issued. I have been told the order is pending, its' complete, it hasn't been posted.  I have been that I need to speak to repair, orders, porting, new orders, business orders??, residential and customer service. Not one person had the same insight into the problem or the same solution to resolve it.  What is the most frustrating part is that you cannot talk to just one person who can fix the issue.  A seemingly simple transfer of a number to a new residence and after getting 20 said people involved, the order is so screwed up that no one can figure out where it begins and where it ends.  In the meantime, my boss and his wife have now been without phone and internet since 11/14!!!  it was supposed to be disconnected on the 16th and connected on the 17th. Please someone out in AT&T world, help salvage any respect I have for AT&T and any respect I have from my boss and HELP ME!!! All I need is one person who is willing to take on this mess and follow it through to the end until there is a resolution. Is there not a department for this??? Because there really should be. It's ridiculous what a customer has to endure to PAY for a service they can't get turned on!!! It used to be you could call the Cancellation Department and they would be insistent on making things right. Not any more. So sad.  I've wasted 6 hours explaining the situation over and over and over and nothing happens! Shameful and inappropriate. Ridiculous beyond belief. And now I'm totally exasperated.  Just how you want a customer to feel Smiley Happy

signed

isabelle

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

And I've also been waiting for two supervisors and a technician to call me back. No one ever did.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hate that

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi isabelle_st,

Thank you for participating within the AT&T Business Community.  We will be glad to assist you with your order.  We have sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to send us your account and order information.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I posted right after you with a similarly frustrating experience -- if 2 of us are actually going to the trouble of writing about it, there are probably hundreds more that are just out there feeling unheard and unhelped.  It's really nuts that a PHONE company doesn't have real people easily available to quickly resolve simple issues with their service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Isabelle,

I echo your comments 100%.   I have never ever experienced such poor customer service.  I have no idea how this company stays in business.  I am planning on moving in the near future and when I do, I will be selecting another service - AT&T will not be an option.  I am just in awe of the incompetence and poor poor customer service:  lack of knowledge, relaying wrong phone numbers to call, telling me to go to AT&T stores or radio shack to pick up a needed part - neither of which it turns out they sell, transferring me back to an electronic circuit, disconnecting me and never calling me back.....I am still numb.

Melinda

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Well, finally received a call back from the executive office regarding compensation.  Very disappointed the best they could do is offer $100!  Everyone gets a $100 giftcard when they sign up. How is that real compensation?  $100 for hours on the phone?  $100 for continual incompetence?  $100 for repeating the same story over and over and still not getting a resolution?  All customers really want to know is that you are valued as a customer.  Throwing $100 at the situation does not leave you with a warm fuzzy.  How about "hey, we would love to also upgrade your services?" or "tell us what we can do that would ensure you are a satisfied customer"?  Not "the best we can offer is $100". 

Lame..even in your apologies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sharing my experience here since it appears I'm not alone and the shocking degree of incompetence / disarray is such that it really ought to be documented for posterity.  2 weeks ago I ordered a bundle Internet & Directv service plan over the phone and the representative scheduled a tech visit for 3 days later to get things set up, telling me said tech would arrive between 8 am and noon that day.  (This wasn't terribly convenient since it happened to be a work day and we'd have to stay home, but it was the earliest available time slot and I have no complaints about that.)  1 pm rolls around and still no tech.  We call and customer rep tells us that the visit is still scheduled and that he'll eventually be there - "keep your line open and sit tight, they're just running a little late."  Ok, no problem. 5 pm rolls around. I call back a 2nd time, and reach a different rep. "Hmmm. Yes, I see that you're scheduled for a tech visit today.  I'm not sure why there weren't there.  let me track this down and call you back in 15 minutes, OK?  Is this number ok."  Sure, yes this number is fine, thank you.  3 hours later, no tech, no call back from the 2nd rep.  I call a 3rd time (mind you each one of these calls entails a minimum of 20 minute wait times, plus another 20 minutes explaining things to each separate rep and waiting for them as they put me on hold multiple times).  After about 40 minutes on the phone with the 3rd rep, she tells me that I had no tech visit scheduled for that day, and that her system tells her "that a visit is simply to be made at some point within 3 weeks of the initial order."  "What?  Ok, this is ridiculous, please cancel my order." "Oh, Ok, hold on."  (5 minutes later) "We can get someone there Monday (3 days from call)."  "No, thank you, please cancel my service."  "Actually, I can't do that. That office is closed please call back at such and such time."  I call back (4th time) 2 days later during the time specified. "Sorry, our system is down, can you call back in 20 minutes."  Ok, sure.  I call again (5th time) an hour later, different rep-- "I'm sorry, our system is down, can you call back in 2 hours."  Ok, sure... I call again (6th time) 2 hours later, different rep-- "Hi can I help you".  "Yes, glad you're systems are back up."  "Um, I wasn't aware they were ever down, but what can I help you with?"  She agrees to cancel my service.  Hallelujah.  But it's not over apparently.  Starting getting mail about bills, post dated for *after* the day I cancelled. Then I start getting email about what seems to be an active account and pending charges for services that were never rendered and should have been cancelled. I call, today, to clear that up, using the number rep # 5 told me to use. After explaining situation guy tells me "well, it appears your order is still in the system and we'll need to get it cleared up.  Unfortunately I can't help you since my department doesn't handle bundle services.  Please call 877...."  Ok.  So I call back to that number, (this is now call number 8 in total), and after explaining she tells me that she's cancelled the order and that I should be expecting an email confirmation about it.  Still no email... I fear this nightmare is not yet done.  

Not finding what you're looking for?