Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
jaybirdc7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 18th, 2013 11:23 PM

Over billing and illegitimate promotions

I have been a loyal cutomer of AT& T for years.  In February, I removed the promotion for Cinemax and HBO along with HD from my plan.  I was told that I would be reverted to my previous plan and I specifically stated that I do not want any promotions from AT&T now or in the future.  I paid  $79.38 in March 2013 after the promotion was removed.  I paid 97.15 in April and then I started to become concerned. When my May bill came it was $119 and some cents.  A call to the billing department did ot help because I do not know what they see in their system.  She told me that a promotion for U-Verse was taken off and so my bill has gone to $85 and some change.  My question is why I have paid three different charges for U-Verse for March through to May. If I requested that I return to my original plan, why was a promotion removed to have my bill jump to $119.00 for internet and the 200 channel package? My internet charges remain the same.  This is a recurring problem with AT&T where drive up your bill and then offer promotions to lower it and then the roller-coaster ride begins. They often ask me to include my cellur device to AT&T but I will not leave Sprint since my bill with them for the same service has remain stable for over 10 years I have been with them.  I am contemplating filing a class action suit against AT&T because this iBig Business highway robbery.  There seem to be no recourse when you call in to customer support.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

You think YOU have poor customer service!  I have been an AT&T business customer for twenty years!  Due to horrible customer service, I finally hae had enough and cancelled service.  They are trying to say that I "Verbally" was under contract with them and they are trying to charged me $653.48 to cancel their HORRIBLE service.  They are trying to charge me a cancellation fee for DSL and I don't even HAVE their DSL service.  I don't know what they are trying to pull but I do believe I need to get a lawyer involved!

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

11 years ago

Hi jaybirdc7,

I am sorry about the experience you have gone through so far with your U-Verse account.  I will be happy to review the account and charges.  I have sent you an email to the email address that you provided during registration.  Please respond with the requested information so that I can further assist.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I agree with you.  Two of my biggest problems with U-verse is that they don't send me a bill so it is difficult to know when to make the payment and two, everytime they come,. they charge.  This is unlike the phone service which doesn't charge if you pay for inhome wiring protection.  I find U-verse very difficult to understand.

Not finding what you're looking for?