Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
chad316's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 8:45 PM

LIED LIED LIED Everything they do is a lie

When i switched to AT&T i was told my bill would be cheaper then Charter.  The amount they told me was a lie.   They told me i would get 2 HD boxes and they only brought one to install and told me they would have to charger me to get the other one.  My bill was going to be 114.00 with taxes and my bill has been over 150.00 every month and they dont care.   The will lie over the phone and screw u when your bill comes.  I am trying to talk with a lawyer now to see what we can do to stop this.  When i know what will be done i will post to everyone what can be done.   So sick of the lies and wish i wasnt in a contract with these liers.   I live my life tight with bills and AT&t  is trying to ruin people with there lies

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

SAME HERE!!!! ATT is a crock. I am student that moved to a new city, on a very tight budge. The only reason I signed up for ATT is  because it is the only thing available in my apartment complex. When I called I told them I only wanted internet, because cable was not a necessity and the told me that if I only got internet I would have to pay $150.00 installation fee. Well, I definitely did not have the money for that, so I decided to get cable as well so the fee would be waived. I signed up with ATT on August 9th, and they couldn't even come out to install it until August 24th...whatever. The rep said well the normal price is $88.00 a month, but we have a promotion for $67.00 a month, but it takes one billing cycle for the $67.00 to kick in so your first bill will be $88 plus taxes. Which was fine.  So I get my first bill and it is $221.00!!!!! I called ATT immediately and asked them why the bill was so high, and they told me that they combine the first and second month together, which I was never told...They tricked me...I would have paid less even if I did pay the installation fee. I worked out a payment arrangement with ATT and paid both of the payments earlier than I was supposed to, and they charged me a late fee!!! I recieved my bill yesterday and it is $100.00. I contacted ATT today and they told me that their is nothing they can do, except to escalate it to someone higher. The rep lied to me! I was told I would be charged $67.00 a month, plus taxes and they are charging me $88 plus taxes plus bull **bleep** late fees that don't even apply to me! I can't wait to get away from them!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I moved my lines from Sprint after 8 years and Im regretting it everyday. They lie about everything, they get you with them and after that they just keep passing you around. I recommend to you if your with another company att dosent deserve you stay were your at.GRASS IS NOT GREENER AT ATT. LIARS

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

SAME HERE MY BUSINESS IS ALL SCREWED UP THANKS TO THERE LIES. CANT WAIT TILL MY 2 YEARS OVER SPRINT HERE I COME AND CHARTER.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

They lied to us too. Our business line has been with AT&T many years so I decided to see if bundling our services would save us money. I was told I would get uverse, internet, local and long distance for 121.00 a month. Of course we are not. My uverse & internet is $121.00 a month and I receive a separate phone bill for $65 a month. So instead I'm paying more than I did before. Since we are a business we are stuck in a one year contract and calling and complaining does no good.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I agree!  They are terrible - this is what happened to me!

I've been an AT&T U-Verse customer for over 4 years. I moved in the spring (closed out service at old place; renewed service at the new one) and didn't have any problems. During this time I fell and had to have surgery on my hand. I was unable to drive, let alone drop off the old equipment at the UPS store. As my hand got better, I called customer service and the rep indicated if I drop off the equipment immediately, I would not be penalized for it being late, in fact, I had just made the deadline. I was told everything was OK,. Well, I get my bill and they added a $200 charge for the missing equipment, even though it was received (saw this via UPS tracking number)". I called in and told them my story, that the rep said it was OK to bring the stuff back that day, etc,. They said they would send it to billing for a dispute?. I come home this week and my service has been turned off because they do that when it's in a dispute:. After 2 hours of waiting on hold, I was told my dispute was rejected and it was my responsibility to get the boxes back on time.. Even though their rep said I would be OK". I will be cancelling my account with them - they do nothing for their long-term customers/. And they lie. 144316f

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Dump At&T , they don't care about you. I dumped them 100% because yes they do lie and couldn't care less about us!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too have been duped by AT&T. I switched to them back in July with the BOGO deal !!! They offered me this deal that really sounded to good to be true and I fell for this ridiculous offer. I first was offered $100 for each phone that I was suppose to get month's ago and still to this day I have not received . 2nd They shipped my phones out individually on 2 separate dates, and then tell me that I placed separate order's for them when I ordered them together on the same day. Next, I was suppose to receive a credit for the 2nd phone, 1st in September NEVER HAPPENED, 2nd time in October NEVER HAPPENED and them customer service lady swore up and down that I was going to receive it in November !! So, here it is November and I get my bill and guess what !!! The bill is still higher than it was last month $178.17 .

So, I call customer service again, I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor, I get some guy name Juan in "THE CUSTOMER LOYALTY GROUP " so, now he deep dives the problem and all of a sudden because I did not have unlimited call and text, I do not qualify for the BOGO program or any of the credits AT&T promised on the original call nor was this an issue on any of my previous calls to customer service when they again promised me that not having unlimited calls and text would still qualify me to receive the BOGO and $100.00 credit for each phone. The 1st mistake was allowing them to convence me that unlimited calls and text would n not affect the promotion, and then after repeated calls to customer service and they all said the same thing that I would receive the credits. 

Now, I am stuck with 2 phones and a deceitful contract and locked into paying for this plan. I told them in the beginning that I was very happy with my Boost Mobile paying $35.00 a month but my girl needed a new phone and I thought it would be a great opportunity to upgrade our phones with an affordable rate. This has now become a nightmare and I cannot wake up from. And to add insult to injury, Juan (Customer Loyalty Group) now say's I purchased the phones separately, so, now I ask to speak to his boss !!!! So. in comes Francisco Supervisor over Loyalty group and he started out being very defensive and unsupportive from the beginning so obviously we went no where and ended up him hanging up the phone on me !!

Where do I go from here !! Surely , I cannot be stuck with having to pay for both of these phones and service !!!!

I can be contacted ,

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Not finding what you're looking for?