Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
samanthagreg's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 5:04 AM

Finding it impossible to pay my bill

AT&T makes it very hard to pay your bill after normal business hours.  I have eaten up over an hour tonight trying to pay my bill -- I thought they wanted my money - but it doesn't seem like it.  I tried to go online today to pay my overdue bill, but was not allowed to access my account online without a registration code.  The registration code can either be transmitted by phone to the number on the account (my business line) or snail mailed. Since I am trying to pay the bill at home, I cannot get on online registration code.  My account will be deactivated before the snail-mail can get here.

So I tried to pay my bill over the phone after hours with the automated phone system.  I used the number listed on my bill, entered my account number and validation code.  The voice tells me my Uverse bill is paid in full and asks if I would like to pay some additional money into this account.  No. I want to pay my phone bill -- the one I have sitting in front of me.  I can't seem to get him to understand that.  How odd that AT&T makes it so difficult to pay a bill. I am perfectly willing to pay it, but run into ridiculous obstacles at each turn. The system is so convoluted - having to wait for a secret code to be transmitted (and having to be near the phone in question), not being allowed any options on the automated voice system except Uverse.  I have been using online payment systems for years and have never encountered something as inane as this so-called service.  So now I will wait until tomorrow - I hope AT&T is more effective during normal business hours.

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

10 years ago

Hi samanthagreg,

I am sorry to hear about your experience last night when attempting to make a payment.  I will be happy to help you with your account.  I have sent you an email to the address you provided during registration.  Please responded with the requested information so that I can further assist.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Four and a half years later, you still can't pay a bill by phone after hours.  I can't even register my new phone number online or on the app because it states it doesn't recognize it.  This is very upsetting and a waste of my time.

Not finding what you're looking for?