Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
Lleni2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 24th, 2017 11:26 PM

Bogus collection notice from ERC

I am looking for advice on an odd collection notice that came to our business. It says it is from ERC and that the original creditor is AT&T. The amount is relatively small, $129.36, but I am not into aiding and abetting thievery.   It is addressed to a person who does not exist, however it is a mash up of my name.  My maiden name is the given name and my middle name appears as the family name.  I can't tell if they have a social security number.  I most certainly don't have an overdue amount with AT&T.  Our business has been in the same location and had an AT&T account since 1989.  I think if we had an unpaid bill we would have received a notice from AT&T directly. I always pay my bills, have all my life.  Consequently I have an excellent credit rating and I don't want that messed with.   I first thought ERC might just be a scam outfit, but I did a search on them and they seem to be legitimate, although they are labeled as aggressive.  I am hesitant to call them since this notice seems so bogus. What would be best for me to do at this point?

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Lleni2,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I'm so sorry to read about this collection notice. My suggestion is to let me look into this for you and get to the bottom of this matter. In order for me to research your issue, I will need to gather some information. Please send me a private message:https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3512576

And include the following details:
Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your current account:
Preferred Contact #:
Email address:
What type of service do you currently have with us: (Uverse, DSL, Landline, Wireless):
Description of the letter you received:

Thank you,

Laura G.
AT&T Social Media Manager

• 

2 Messages

@ATTBusinessCare ​​@ATTBusinessCare I am having a similar issue. I have never had an AT&T account of any type and just received an debt collection letter from ERC for $6272.38 (!??). Could you help me resolve this?

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

Hello @glennf11,

Thank you for visiting us on the Business Forum.

Please review the below thread for further assistance with credit inquiries:
Questions about Unrecognized Credit Checks and Inquiries

Chris
AT&T Social Media Manager

• 

2 Messages

This is not credit check issue. This is fraudulently debt from AT&T sent to collections. Please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My husband is in the same situation. We recently checked his credit report and there is a report originally from ATT and ERC now is showing as the collection agency. We have never had an account with ATT, especially in the time frame reported on the credit report. We tried filing a claim through the credit reporting agencies and they came back that it could not be confirmed that it was fraud.

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Amandaarrey

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community. Sorry to hear about the credit report issue. Was it completed on your personal or business report?

Please send me a private message by click here https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3512576

Thank you,

Social Media Manager

Lisa

Not finding what you're looking for?