Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
Silhouette's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2011 7:19 PM

Automatic Renewal of 3yr Contract without notification

Just got off the phone will the AT&T customer service after about an hour on the phone going back and forth between customer service reps it was determined that my contract was automatically renewed for, you guessed it, 3 years!  I wasn't given notice at all that this occurred and was under the assumption that it would go to month to month at the end of the contract.  I discussed this at length with AT&T about 5 months before the end of the contract and it was never disclosed that there would be an automatic renewal, that anything was required of me or that it would not go month to month at the end of the period.  

I want to close this account and I do not feel that it is my responsibility to become some sort of lawyer to decipher the complexities of AT&Ts contracts and have to jump through hoops that were put there by this company.  AT&T does not provide enough power to their customer service personnel so that we as the customers are required to go through huges amounts of effort to arbitrate issues that were not even responsible for in the first place.

Long story, short I want to close this account, I want to break the contract and I want no penalties for doing this.  But I have know how this company works, I have been put through the wringer before and I am not confident that AT&T even has a fair, ethical arbitration route out of this situation.  I don't know what can be done about this but I have a very bad feeling that in the end I am going to get screwed!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Is there a moderator for this forum???  I was hoping that someone would at least address my comments and let me know if there was any resolution to this issue!!!

Guru

• 

530 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Silhouette, 

We have responded to your PM in regards to this issue. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Responded but haven't heard anything from you yet!  No rush, every day just cost me more money!

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Silhouette,

We received your contact information and sent you an email earlier today to the email address that you provided in the Private Message.  Please let us know if you have not received this email.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Well I got a call from AT&T, but they only took some information about the situation and said they were going to check with the contracts people and I haven't heard from them since.  I hate when I get hopeful cause I know in my heart what the end result will be.  Boo Hoo.  I guess if they wait long enough the contract will auto-renew again!! 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Got in touch with a customer service rep today that was able to help me.  We did come to the conclusion that the auto-renewal notice was in bold print on the signature page but the rep agreed that 3 years was a long time to remember that this was the case.  He was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction and now we can finish closing our business.  Thanks for the help and I am going to post that this issue was resolved.  Take care,

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I'm glad you were able to come to an agreement with them.  I however did not get the same respect.  I DID notify at&t that i had no intention of renewing many times and many different ways over the past two years.  I spent two hours on the phone last week and was bounced around to different departments as well as dial tones having to start the story and explanations over and over but to no avail.  If they looked there is documented calls and notifications that i was not planning to renew however the did it anyway and now want to charge me over $1000 yes $1000 dollars in penalties.   I paid on time for three years at nearly $700 dollars per month for a package.  I am continuing my advertising (this year as i had just signed for another year)for over $400 dollars a month,  but yet  i am still getting treated like this.  I have spoken to government agencies and have to choice but to file complaints if nothing is resolved....SOON!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

PS:   i also have home internet with at&t and will surely look into another carrier if this is not resolved

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

AND.....................nothing....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Still no reply,  so i started another post.   I had a first in my life......,   Clark {edited} office called and asked for me.  Hmm.  They seem to care.

Guru

• 

617 Messages

12 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please create a new thread if you still have issues.  

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?