Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
dwhit34's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 14th, 2011 9:41 PM

AT&T makes a mistake, admits it, then charges me for 3 months!

I sold my business in August and called to cancel my business phone lines on August 8th.  I was told everything was taken care of and it should be shut off in 7-10 days.  I received a bill in September, so thinking this might be an error, I wrote a letter saying the business was closed, and the phone lines were supposed to be cut off on August 8th.  I receive another bill in October, so finally, I call them up and ask what happened.  The woman who answered told me that she will discontinue the service.  I said that it was supposed to have been done in August.  She said, "oh, I see here that you did call, and this is our mistake."  Then she says I will have to pay the termination fee for my contract.  I asked how much, and for the remainder of the period it would be $100 but I still have to pay the three months of Aug, Sept and Oct since my termination is now Nov. 4th.  I said, "even if it is your fault?"  She said, "yes, it is our fault, but that is all I can do."  So I offer to pay the termination fee from August which is about $175 or so and she said she will send this to the credit dept.  Today I receive a bill for over $500 since they terminated the service on Nov. 4th.

Not only did I have my business service with AT&T, but I also have my home service with them.  I will definitely rethink this situation and possibly transfer my home service and open my new business with someone else.  For some reason, I am not shocked by how this was handled.

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi dwhit34,

Thank you for participating within the AT&T Business Community.  We will need some additional information to be able to better assist you with these charges.  We have sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to send us your account information.

Former Employee

• 

576 Messages

12 years ago

Hi dwhit34,

Thank you for sending us your account and contact information.  We are currently reviewing your account and will have someone contact you shortly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for handling the error in a professional manner.  I appreciate the effort and response.  Luckily, people like Mary work for you and take care of the mistakes made by others.  She was a pleasure to work with regarding this dispute.

Not finding what you're looking for?