Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DIRECTV Now xbox app

ACE - Master

Re: AT&T TV xbox app

The website does not say they are working on an XBox app.  It says an app is "Not yet available" for XBox, which is the same thing it has said since the service launched a year and a half ago.  Some people read the "yet" to mean that they are working on one, but that is a stretch - it could mean that, but it could as easily mean that they at one time thought about doing one or said something about maybe someday doing one, so some Marketing person put that on the web page and nothing else has happened about it since.  You have to use a supported device, which at this time the XBox is not.  However, you can apparently plug a supported device (like a Roku stick or Fire TV stick) into the HDMI input on the XBox, and avoid input switching.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 6
Tutor

I have a 4K Tv, I like video games, The Xbox allows me to have everything in one device... it has an input hdmi so I’ve connected a chromecast. I can cast direct tv now from my phone. But it's really bad experience! It's slow... sometimes crash...

I’m asking for a native app since they are offering one about a year ago

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Yes I have a chromecast connected but the experience is really bad. Nothing like native app... 

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

Well, like I said, they have never offered a native XBox app and they have never even officially said they are working on one.  It might  happen at some point, but I wouldn't expect to see one anytime soon, so in the meantime your choices are continuing to use the approach you are using (perhaps with a different device than a Chromecast) or to plug the other device directly into the TV and switch inputs as needed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

An Xbox One needs to happen as soon as possible. I'm on the fence of which streaming service to use, one is available on the Xbox, the other is not (DIRECT TV NOW). If I chose DirectTV I'd have to buy new streaming equipment for 3 different TVs, adding to the start up cost. If there was an Xbox One app, it would be an instant choice to use DirectTV as I wouldn't need new equipment. Please try to expedite the process of an integrated app. Over 30 million Xbox Ones have been sold in the US. That's a pretty high install base.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

It's not going to happen! With the last app release and the issues it has caused with Apple devices (and its not even been released for Amazon and Roku) It want even be a consideration this year.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support