Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't find AT&T TV on older roku

Contributor

Can't find AT&T TV on older roku

Can't find AT&T TV on older roku. We installed it on the computer, but cannot find it on our roku. It's an older device. Can't get any help from at&t. Ready to cancel service

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ClaPat
‎03-21-2018 1:36 PM

Re: Can't find AT&T TV on older roku

The list of supported Roku models is here (from the Help Center/FAQs).  Basically, all models 3600 and higher are supported, anything lower is not. If your model isn't supported, it won't see the app in the store.  (Roku models that are supported start at about $30 - lower if on sale.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Re: Can't find directv now on older roku

Thanks. We wish we were told that when we signed up. It took us all afternoon for this question to be answered. We are going to cancel.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎12-05-2019 2:28 AM

You should have been able to get a supported device (though a Fire rather than Roku) for free when you signed up and paid for your first month.  The list of supported devices - like the lists of supported channels, apps, and other features -  are not very hard to find, but they do require searching (either on the site with the DTVN FAQs or on Google).  Asking AT&T (meaning Wireless) support isn't useful - they have effectively no knowledge of DTVN (which is a completely different division of ATT).

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I have 3 tv's with roku on each will they give me 3 fire sticks

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

How old are your Rokus?  Any that are model number 3600 or higher work fine, so the only one that someone likely bought within the last 4 years that would be a problem would be the original Roku Stick.  As a "new subscriber" you can get 1 promotional device per account.  Given that currently a Roku Express is $30 (Sticks are about $40 I think), and Amazon Fire Sticks are on sale right now for $30 each, I question how much effort it is worth to try to game the system - if you currently have cable, you'll likely save enough in 1 month by switching to cover the cost of 2 Sticks or Expresses.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support