Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
pmdaniels73's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 7th, 2014 7:25 AM

Online Order Canceled

I just tried to order two of the free iphone 5 refurbs. I got a confirmation email thanking me for my order and what not. Then about 2 minutes later I get another email that I have pasted below. Can anyone tell me what the issue it please? All information I entered is correct.

Thanks,

Paul ***

Dear Paul ***,

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were unable to verify the information you provided. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to make a purchase, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories and service.

Please go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Thank you,

AT&T

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I would be happy to help. I have sent you an email with information. Please respond with the requested information so I can further assist you. Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have had the same issues...I ordered an Iphone 5 and LG G2 and they keep cancelling my orders saying they are unable to verify identity. Everything of my information is correct, so i don't understand and it's very frustrating. I can't go to a store because they don't have the same deal in the store as it is online.

Employee

• 

296 Messages

10 years ago

Hi sbelt94,

I would be happy to help with that. I have sent you an email requesting more information. Please respond so I can further assist you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I encountered the same problem.

I tried to order an apple certified pre-owned iphone5 advertised on the att.com site and new mobile share data plan and I got an email that I needed to call in and verify. I called in and the question they asked was what my student load payment had been in 2012, but the possible choices were options less than what I had paid per month (less by more than $25) or none of the above. I chose none of the above and was told that I had failed. Then I was asked if I recognized any of the following streets, one of which was a partial name of a street I currently live on. I said that the name matched part of my current street name but wasn't the full street name, and I didn't know how to answer. I was told I failed the verfiication and to place another order and I would get different questions. So I entered the full order again.

The next day I got an email that my order was cancelled - no email asking for verification, no call.

Thinking it was a glitch, I tried a third time, and the order was cancelled again without any email or call asking for verification or explanation.

I used the chat and support and they said they couldn't help with orders once they were cancelled. Phone sales offered me a new iphone 5s or 5c on a 24-month contract and said I could pay it off after a month but what I wanted was the apple certified preowned iphone 5 as it was just what I was looking for. It was still being advertised on the att.com website. Finally ATT Phone sales finally recommend that I could purchase one myself on ebay so I did that. (I would have preferred to get it through ATT with service all together and at the same time so there was less to worry about.)

I am still trying to order ATT service for the new iphone as it appears the bad apple certified pre-owned iphone 5 order verification has caused me to not be able to order via the website, and I haven't yet been able to reach anyone who can solve the issue

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

I would be happy to help with that. I have sent you an email requesting more information. Please respond so I can further assist you. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks very much. I sent a PM and as soon as I know what information you would like I will reply back with the needed info. Really appreciate your offer to help.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I replied to the email with the requested information. Hopefully will get this resolved soon. Thanks again for your help. 

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

I have sent you a follow up email. Please reply when you can.

Thank you

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Lyoung. However, I checked and searched several times and the followup email never arrived. (I got all the order emails and then the next day the emails that the orders had ben cancelled, so it seems I'm getting ATT emails in general fine.)

An ATT phone sales associate got me a SIM card and signed me up for a gophone plan, and that is working great. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but the data speed is good and I'm happy to have something working and since it seems the gophone plans have the same data priority and access I think it will be good enough for what I need right now. At some point in the future I'll probably want to upgrade to a much higher data plan, but I don't need that for right now so this is fine to test and do a little bit with.

Also a phone sales associate recommended I get a phone on ebay when it wasn't working placing an order with ATT, so I did that. The first iphone I got on ebay arrived defective (powered off every few minutes) so I returned that and am waiting for a refund. Then I broke down and just went to the Apple website and odered a new iphone 5s directly from apple.

I would have rather ordered the phone and service from ATT, but at least this worked and I got a phone.

Thanks again for your help in any case. Hopefully whatever glitch occurred will cure itself in a month or two and I'll be able to order other hardware from AT&T direct.

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

Not sure why you did not receive the email. I see you have come to a solution for your issues at this time. If down the road you are in need of assistance or want to order service or a device with AT&T we would be able to assist and would be glad to help you accomplish this.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've been having the same problem. Even been lied to a couple times by one of the reps. They've processed my exchange order several times and it keeps getting canceled.

Employee

• 

513 Messages

10 years ago

Hello chrscaley,

I'm sorry you are having issues with your exchange order. I'd like to help get this back on track. I've sent you an email requesting more information so I can investigate. 

Talk to you soon,

Alexis

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Is there a way to see if you're blacklisted from placing an order before going through the trouble of placing a new order? At some point I'll want to order something, but if the order will just be cancelled it's a waste of time to browse products I might want or go through the trouble of selecting everything again.

Former Employee

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Hi island,

Thanks for your question & participation in the Community.  As long as your account is in good standing there should be no reason to avoid placing an order.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Is it possible to reach anyone in the verification department that can tell me if my account is in good standing or if not, why not? (I've never filed a chargeback or had any credit problem with AT&T but for some reason the system decided to cancel any previous order I tried to make for device or prepaid service and after an hour on the phone I wasn't able to reach anyone at AT&T who could help figure out why the system was cancelling the orders or how to fix it or when it might fix itself.)

Not finding what you're looking for?