JSACZ's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 6th, 2014 8:07 PM

viop & nvg589

Have MagicJack directly connected to my NVG589 modem. Initially phone calls were made and recieved with no problems (about a mo. duration). Suddenly when I now recieve calls the incoming voice is dropped after initial contact. The party can still hear me but I cannot hear them. If I make the call, there are no problems with the call. Both parties are able to hear. It seems to me that the NVG589 firewall is preventing the incoming voice from being transmitted.

I've been in contact with MJ support for many hours with no solution. Can someone guide me through this?

Thnx

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, JSACZ!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your MagicJack doesn't seem to be working with your modem. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Mariana:

Sorry about the late reply. I've been lax about keeping current on followup messaging.

I've been able to fix the problem. MagicJack is running as advertised for 7 days now.

My solution:

Used method decribed by "trparky" on BROADBAND DSL Reports.com (dslreports.com/faq/17734) to refigure the NVG589. I had a Belkin G, Model F5D7230-4 router used to bridge to.  All I had to do to the router is to reset it to factory defaults.

JSACZ

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.