For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Beckyfc's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 27th, 2013 3:30 PM

land line problems

I tried to move the phone box to another room.  Didn't work, so I put it back.  All of the lights are green, but my phone says NO LINE.  Any suggestions?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

madmike62n - Re: Am I to run a double ended RJ-11 line back to another jack to get the phone signal into my wall jacks

Yes.

The NID is network interface device, where at&t outside wires become you inside wires. RG (Residential Gateway) is the modem with the lie 1/2 jack where you are receiving dial tone.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

8 years ago

My land line has so much static I cannot hear the hter person on the line.  How can I speak with a USA reprsentative to get this repaired?  The chat with India was a waste of time.  THE ATT rep kept asking the same questions that I just answered.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@alwaysbroken - Sounds like a bad connection. Do you have POTS or u-verse voice?

If POTS, you can plug phone into the NID on the side of the house (unplug jumpre & plug in phone. If static still there call your local telco. If static disappears, bad connection is in house wiring (billlable).

If u-verse connect phone at RG tel jack. If problem still there send PM to community mgr. If problem gone, house wiring is culprit (billable). Consider replace with wireless phone (Panasonic is first choice).

Also, phone & connecting wire  should be swapped to see if it is the problem. (In both cases)

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

8 years ago

The problem is the line is not working and I need someone to come fix it.  How do I connect with a USA person to get service??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.