do i still need dsl filters on my phones?

Highlighted
Contributor

do i still need dsl filters on my phones?

do I still need dsl filters on my phones ?

Message 1 of 5 (4,526 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: do i still need dsl filters on my phones?

Depends on if you have U-verse TV and Internet or just internet.  It also depends if you did a self install or a tech install.  If you did a self install and have internet only take a look at this; https://getsocial.att.com/docs/DOC-1105

If you have TV and internet the installer should have already taken care of the filtering outside so you will not need them.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (4,526 Views)
Contributor

yes I have the u-verse internet and phone. and I had a tech install.

jaime contreras

Message 3 of 5 (4,526 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by DavidCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

With a U-verse VOICE install, there should be no need for the filters at all as you have no POTS usage on your line.  With a technician install with POTS, he should have filtered the POTS and the VDSL2 traffic at the NID so that you wouldn't need the filters in the house. 

Set them aside for a week in case there's something unusual about your situation and you have a problem, but you should not need them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (4,526 Views)
Contributor

thanks for your help!

jaime contreras

Message 5 of 5 (4,526 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.