dedes30's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 7:15 PM

Closed

att dug a hole in my yard with no notice or authorization from me

How is it that att can access my property without my permission and dig a hole in the middle of my yard mess up my lawn without notice or permission to do so? I want to file a complaint also on the local agent who refused to contact me or answer the phone when i left several messages asking for an explanation.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ATT has been to my property three times now. All times unannounced. The pole they want to access is on my neighbors property, but its "easier" to access from my side of the fence. I have a fully fenced and gated property so they cannot just come in. First time, guys honk their horn for several minutes straight until I walk down to ask what they need (already annoyed because I was in the middle of something else). They said they needed to take a picture of the pole. The were in an unmarked vehicle with no ATT identification and were very rude. I said no. Mostly I did not trust they were there with good intentions (you never know these days). Next time, a nicer guy comes and I happen to be outside. He has an ATT hard hat on and presents me with a badge and asks to take a photo. I say ok and let him in. He takes a photo, gets my phone number, and says they may need to come out to work on it BUT WILL CALL AHEAD. I say OK but I will not give them access if I cannot be home (we have horses and dogs and a secure property for a reason). Today while I am getting ready for work a truck comes honking and yelling. I cannot be home and they did not call. I can't believe how rude these guys are. Respect my property and my request to have an appointment scheduled ahead of time. How hard is that? 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@lkw0209you might check and see if theres an easement on your property,if there is then they do not require permission to enter the property nor is it required to call ahead although common decency would be for them to alert you of their intentions. if there is no easement then you are well within your right to refuse them access.trespassing is trespassing any way you slice it 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello - At&t just came into my lot yesterday and tore out our brand new sod with no notice.  We are new construction homes and they where on our property.  We had to cancel our appointment for the fence install because they came in and destroyed our property!  Those who complained above, how did you resolve this issue? Many thanks!

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Did you call the number in the second post? Or you can file a property damage claim using this link 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The sod part never got fixed AT&T called the contractor to replace the
broken pipe but the sod part was replaced by a completly different sod that
my yard originally had so I have to live with a big square patch of
different sod that also dryed out. Very bad service on AT&T and the
contractors they use to repair the damages

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

At&t dig the holes in my yard , the mess my yard with the big machine to dig the hole, after finish their job they left the very messy, they left without to fix my yard grasses.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My address is *****, please if you want to construction to build the cable in my yard, after finish your job , please fix my grasses and do not leave the big mess in my yard.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

AT&T is r digging on my property without my permission, i have batted these aragant disrespectful people for years, why can they think they can dig where they want??

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@sundownedo you happen to know if they have an easement? is so they don't need permission as long as they leave it in as good as or better condition, although informing you they will be doing work would be courteous . if there is no easement then you need to file a complaint but based on your statement you have been fighting for years makes me lean towards they have one. check with your city hall they should have information on if theres and easement. another common misconception is that people think that the easement only pertains to the original owner of the house but the easement stays intact with the house and would be on the paperwork whenn you purchased your house

• 

1 Message

Constructive you nailed it. The are entering our property without knowledge, without any work permit, destroying our yards, and leaving the site a complete mess.  This contradicts your statement of leaving it as good or better (HA!) then it was before they trespassed.  Easement or not, they still need to knock on the door and let us know they are tearing up our yards and what they are going to do to bring it back to the way it was.  So you have an easement, does that give me permission to go into your easement and destroy your yard without you knowing about it? Come on, common sense.  AT&T has poor regards for their customers, and this just proves it.   If AT&T enters your yard, easement or not, destroys it, then they should held accountable.  Any (Edited per community guidelines) lawyers out there?  Potential billions of (Edited per community guidelines) waiting for you.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello AT&T,

Same thing happened to my backyard.  AT&T people came in and dig a big hole in my backyard without our permission on 10/22/2019.  I guess they fixed what they need to fix and left without cleaning up the mess they created.  Right now we still have a big hole and a big pile of dirt in our backyard.  

Can ATT go back and put my backyard back to the way it was before?

Tom

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.