mad1963's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 7:52 PM

Closed

Why doesn't my answering machine work now?

WHy doesn't my answering machine record messages now?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Probably because voice mail is answering before your ans machine.  Here's how to turn it off:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB421180Enable/Disable Voicemail ServiceControls call forwarding to your voicemail box. Turn on this feature to route all unanswered calls to voicemail. Turn off this feature when you do not wish to receive voicemail messages.Manage online from the Voicemail Settings tab

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello mad1963, usually the U-verse phone installation defaults to having voicemail enabled. By default settings it will allow a call to ring 4 times then sends your call to be answered by the Voicemail Service. If your answering machine is set to answer after a higher number of rings then the Voicemail Service is beating your answering machine to answering the call as beebeesa suggested. I have sent you a private message to assist you further if you have not been able to disable your Voicemail with the instructions beebeesa provided.Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!!!! It works now!

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My Veterinary Clinic uses the ATT Avaya phone system. I had to purchase a new phone. After I installed it, my 1740 ATT Digital Answering system Is t working properly. It will pick up phone calls on the second ring but it won’t play the outgoing message and retrieve new messages.

Can you help me?

LFVet

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

Which phone system, there are many. This is an old topic and not really related to what you're asking, if you have further questions please open your own topic.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When I am on my home phone and some one calls the message does not show on my answering machine but goes to att  and Ihave to pick it up manually. How do I get the messages to go to my answering machine

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

4 years ago

Did you read the existing 7 year old topic you've posted in.  The answer is there.  

1 Message

5 months ago

The topic is old and customer service at AT&T gives out conflicting information.  Example: two customer service reps told me this week that the voicemail system is set to 3 and that I need to ask them to set the number higher (up to 8); another customer service rep said the default number is 5 which matches the information on this website; The manual for the CL82307 says to set my machine to answer call at least two rings earlier than the voicemail is set to answer.  So I would have to answer the phone quickly or the call goes to voicemail--too quickly for older folks who don't move so fast anymore.  How can I get the voicemail system to slow down?  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 months ago

This is a 10 year old topic, how about opening a new one with details of your issue. Will someone close this topic please?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.