For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rockychai's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 5:56 AM

UVerse box master volume

Is there a way to adust the master volume on the reciever box.  After I program my TV remote I can't find a way to adjust the volume on the reciever.  If possible I would prefer to set my TV volume and use the master volume control instead of setting the master volume and adjusting the TV volume while watching.

My issue is....I set up a new HDTV a couple weeks ago and when I pause/unpuase I get a 'pop' sound from the speakers.  Kinda like if you plugged in a guitar to an amp that had the volume turned up high.  It seems like it is causeing a little undue stress and I would like to lessen it.  I'm pretty sure that if I turn the master volume down that this will lessen the pops.

However, the only way that I can figure to do this would be to unprogram the TV from the remote, adjust the master volume, and then reprogram the TV on the remote. 

There must be an easier way, right?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

The code for volume control assignment is 955. Press att/ok at the same time. Then 955.

If you then press enter (bottom right) the volume control will follow the mode key. When the att key is active (normal watching for channel changes) the volume changes in the STB. When the TV key is active the TV volume changes.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Here is a link with information about multipe U-Verse remotes. 

Each section contains a programming guide, a troubleshooting guide and a user guide. 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409004

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you -

That did exactly what I was looking to do- control the volumes according to the mode key selected.

-Cheers

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

Glad I could help. And, thanks for letting us know it was a good solution for you.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

13 years ago

One more thing.... Let's say I want to return to the default volume settings with the TV volume as the dominant choice.   How would I do that? 

Also, is there a list of codes online for the remote settings?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

13 years ago

The following link contains the programming methods required to change the volume settings

http://www.uverseremote.com/setting-up-your-volume-channel-and-power-options-on-uverse-remote/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This was exactly what I needed, thanks!, but I need to "undo" this. My UVerse box volume was set too low when I programmed my remote to work with my TV. Doing the "955" fixed helped me to raise the UVerse box volume to "max" but now I want to switch back to controlling the volume with my TV, not the UVerse box. Can you tell me how to change back to that?

Thanks,

Jake

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

JakeOMite - Sure - att/ok -955-tv-enter

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but I have a related problem.  I have UVerse with A30-RF1 remote.  I just installed a new Denon AVR.  When I adjust the volume (under the AT&T device button), both the TV and Receiver volumes show as adjusting on the TV.  How can make it control ONLY the Receiver (without having to switch to the AUX button)?  That's how it worked with my previous Receiver.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.