dougfoglesong's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, December 30th, 2010 4:32 AM

Closed

New Install Internet and Voice

Self installing internet and voice tomorrow.  Current have at&t regular internet and at&t phone service.  Unsure on how I route the VOIP phone  back over the existing phone lines in house.  Instructions only have the option to plug the phone into the RG.  Do just plug a line from the RG phone plug back to the wall outlet and use a splitter?  I don't need the DSL filters do I?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, running a phone line from the Phone1 port on the back of the RG and plugging it into one of the wall phone jacks should back feed through the house.

No, you don't need filters with Uverse voice. 

• 

1 Message

@jfw

Yes, running a phone line from the Phone1 port on the back of the RG and plugging it into one of the wall phone jacks should back feed through the house.

No, you don't need filters with Uverse voice.

Thank you so much for your advice jfw.. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Normanj

AppValley

(edited)

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Want to make sure I clear on my post.  The wall jack that I want to plug into is the same jack that the Internet is coming in on.  At least I'm assuming this since I am replacing my current ATT POTS and DSL.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

The instructions would lead you to believe that you can use that main line, but you can't. You must have two phone jacks next to RG, one for data-the one already there, and another one for your VOIP.  Strange since I don't know anyone with two phone jacks next to eachother.  I have a cord running down my hall from a bedroom, until i decide to pay $50-100 bucks for a new phone jack, or just re-cancel my home phone...

Mike

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

THe installer for my TV/internet/phone used one cat5 cable running from the point where the phone line comes into the house. He used two pairs for the feed from the outside line to the RG and the other two pairs where connected to the phone1 on the RG and used as a back feed to the phone lines where they originally connected to the line coming in.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Up and running.  Install went fine.  Re-looped the phones on existing wiring use an old second line I used to have.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Welcome to UV Voice. Smiley Happy

@dougfoglesong wrote:

Up and running.  Install went fine.  Re-looped the phones on existing wiring use an old second line I used to have.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.