rpiplica's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 1:27 AM

Issue with outgoing calls.

When I try to place an outgoing call on either one of my phone numbers I get a dial tone then I don't hear anything and the call goes through but I can not hear the person on the other end. I can get incoming calls on both phones and can call the other phone in the house with no problem I assume because they are internal on the RG. We have replaced the RG and it worked for a few minutes and then stopped again after the Tech left.  The tech that came out did some resetting of profiles and reset some of the other equipment outside of the house probably on the switch. It has been reassigned to Engineering now. Has anyone ever seen this. I have a Pace 5031NV RG.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Do you have a router behind your NV 5031, and have you set up DMZplus for it in the NV 5031?

If so, you've discovered an issue with the NV 5031 firmware.  Reset it back to factory settings and do not re-enable DMZplus.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

I did not see this reply until tonight. I believe you are 100% on target. After my original post my 2nd phone line stopped working totally and after a few days of the ticket being with Engineering I called U Verse support again. They sent a senior tech out that came to the conclusion that like you was a software issue, or a distance issue since I am about 3200 feet from the switch. He replaced the 5031NV with a NVG589 Motorola with has extra capailities and seems to have fixed the issue. I am still using the second router because all my devices are configured on that IP Network but the NVG589 seems to have very good wireless range and Gigibit Ethernet capibilites so if I have any issues I will probably go with the Motorola RG and eliminate the second Router. I do wish I saw your post earlier it would have saved me hours of aggrivation dealing with the escallation group. Thanks for your continued knowledge and support you provide to this community it is invaluable.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I'm glad my post helped, if a bit late to the party.  

As you have found, the NVG 589 doesn't have this same firmware bug.  However, the NVG 589 is a rental device, whereas the NV 5031 is a subscriber purchased device.  Be sure that you get your money back on the NV 5031 or that they somehow forget to charge you rent on the NVG 589.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

everytime I go to make a local call, ATT bing my frovider, the operator says I have  dial a one or zero then the number.. How do I fix that problem?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.