Mamacat104's profile

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

Monday, May 19th, 2014 10:12 AM

HOW to block calls

How can you block numbers from calling the landline phone??  I was put on U200 for my landline phone and my minutes are being used up by telemarketing, political, etc calls my answer machine picks up the calls and if they talk and talk and leave a message, it is using my minutes up... I want to stop these darn calls from coming through.. some of them call two and three times a day every day...  I am tired of the calls constantly coming in.   I'm on the "Do Not Call List" but still get these other calls constantly... 

When working on a painting project in the house the other day, my phone must have rung at least once every 30 minutes in the afternoon... 

can we block these calls?  If so How?   And I do NOT want to have to Pay to block them... That would be unfair... 

thanks

Barbara

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @wenwright,

If you need help blocking or unblocking phone numbers on your home phone, please visit our Home Phone support article.

-ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

With Uvoice (200/unlimited) you can block up to 20 numbers via the website.

ATT account log in

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

6 years ago

It's governed not by the phone you have, but the service.  What phone service are you using?

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.. will check it out...  and set up numbers I don't want to come thru...   I

set up the block for unknown calls... I get a lot of them...

appreciate your help...  am new to this U-Verse

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

Is there a possiblity, that at some point, the twenty, manimum, blocks will increase?  The telemarketers are smart.  If I block XXX-XXX-1034, they will call again, using th same number, basically, with one digit changed.  I.E., 1035.  Thanks. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

wmtheel - check out the latest panasonic phones. Some have hundreds of blocked numbers. Of course, there is one phone ring. Do you get one ring with U_verse? Or, does it do the block before passing you the call?

There are so many reasons to get or upgrade a wireless phone - DECT 6.0 , spoken caller ID, bigger numbers on buttons and display, bluetooth access to cell phone.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

aviewer,

Thanks for the rsponse.  Please see my comments/answers, below:

wmtheel - check out the latest panasonic phones.  That is a good suggestion that could solve the problem.  Thanks. Some have hundreds of blocked numbers. Of course, there is one phone ring. Do you get one ring with U_verse?  There are no rings for calls that are blocked.  Or, does it do the block before passing you the call?

There are so many reasons to get or upgrade a wireless phone - DECT 6.0 , spoken caller ID, bigger numbers on buttons and display, bluetooth access to cell phone.  The only hesitation for moving in that direction is, we might cancel the voice line and only use our cell phones. (AT&T Wireless).  Using cells phones, exclusively, for voice communications has become the norm, but they don't offer the same clarity and dependability, inside, that my land line does.  Thanks again for the response.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

wmtheel - Thanks for confirming that the u-verse call block does not ring. That is what I expected & it is much better than having to hear the one ring.

The bluetooth that connects the panasonic and cell phone would be useful if you move to cell phones. You will not have to have one nearby or carry it around the house or scurry to it. They came out with "extension" phones for reason. You just use your cell phones like land line phones while you are in the house.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

When will AT&T increase the number of blocked numbers allowed? I get 20 different telemarketing caller IDs every month. Sometimes twice that number.

My cell phone allows an unlimited number of blocked numbers. Is there a reason why the uverse service puts such a low limit on this feature?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

This is unrelated, but others have used it, and speak in favor of it.. there is a device/service called NOMOROBO which blocks most unwanted calls.

Here is a link if interested : https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/NOMOROBO-Legit/m-p/4207355#M6528

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.