Caller ID not working on panasonic digital phone

Contributor

Caller ID not working on panasonic digital phone

I recently bouoght two new phones that are digital 6.0 I believe the model is kx-gt6512. The phone seems to work, but there is no caller ID and says it suppose to work if you have a subscription though your proiveder, which I do. Uverse is setup to display and they appear on the tv.  So I would appreciate any help

Message 1 of 4 (693 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Caller ID not working on panasonic digital phone

[ Edited ]

firedrake18 - I would expect it to work plug and play. I looked at the manual & did not see any suggestions. THe TV display is not a good indicator because it is a different path of delivery.

My suggestion is to do a test swap with a friend that has a working call ID.
If his phone works on you system & yours not on his, it is the phone.
If his phone does not work on your stream & yours does on his, it is the U-verse voice.
If both work on both, there is an incompatibility between U-verse & your phone.

Are you connecting directly to RG?? We have to eliminate the house wiring.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (659 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I would try to reset the AT&T router.  If that doesn't help, do you have any neighbors, friends, or relatives that you could test the phones at their house to see if the phones are working correctly?

Do you possibly have one of the old caller id boxes, or another phone you can use to see if in fact your getting caller id?  I'm try to determine if it's the phones or Uverse.

If the phones work at another location, than we need to figure out why they don't work with Uverse.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)
Contributor

change the old battary of phone , you will find it will start working

Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.