For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wheines's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2013 1:29 PM

Battery Back up for Uverse Voice

If you have a pair of cordless phones BUT also have two CORDED phones in your home, won't the battery back up for the modem (gateway) provide power to the corded phones during a power outage?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yes it will as long as the residential gateway is working you will have dial tone.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. I thought so after reading a bit about uverse voice. Howver, the installer never installed the bbu and I hadn't enough knowledge at that time to ask about it. Then I placed a service call for the bbu but when the tech called before coming out to the house he said there would be a $99 service call. Now after cancelling that service call and talking to tech support another service call was issued and hopefully no charge since it should have been done in the original install.  (sorry to bend your ear).

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Let the tech fix the installation and if you get a charge on your bill come back here, post, and one of the community managers will assist you.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello wheines, I'm sorry about the trouble you have experienced which resulted from the missing battery back up unit not being installed in the first place. beebeesa is correct, if a technician is already scheduled to install the BBU you can let the technician complete his service call. If he presents you with an invoice it will be part of his procedures as a technician. I can assure you we will take care of any charges, if any that result from this missing battery backup.Smiley Wink

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks again

I have rescheduled the technician for the installation of the BBU to be done on 6/17/13 between 5pm and 9pm.

I also called the billing department this morning regarding this issue and they have already credited my first bill for the forthcoming charge.

So, all the cards are in place...let's all hope that that's the end of it.

Bill (Last name removed for security measures)

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Excellent! we will be glad to receive an update in the community to know everything went well :smileycool:

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

The tech arrived on Monday and installed the BBU. Billing credited my account for the $99.

So far, I am pleased with the service and the support.

Thanks again.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

The tech arrived on Monday and installed the BBU. Billing credited my account for the $99.

So far, I am pleased with the service and the support.

Thanks again.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting back and letting us know the outcome.  If you have anymore questions or problems feel free to come back and post.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.