aeh277's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 13th, 2017 4:54 PM

AT&T Crew Issue

Hello,
I am having trouble figuring out where to direct this complaint, so I apologize if this is not the correct place for this. There has been an AT&T crew working on my street for three days (I assume they are installing a home line for someone on the block). I started to let our puppy into the backyard this morning when I looked at the back of the yard and saw a large, unidentified black cord draped across the fence and lying in our grass. The crew did not bother to warn us about it, and our puppy, like any other young dog, loves to chew on whatever he can get his teeth on. (I found him chewing on a scrap of cord with protruding copper wires yesterday in our yard; I shouldn't make assumptions, but I am sure you can guess where I suspect it came from). I have no idea if the cord that was left in our yard is live in any way. I understand crews need yard access and room to work, but this is unprofessional, inconsiderate, and dangerous. There are at least ten feet of this cord in our grass. I have pictures if needed. I would appreciate it if crews would inform (in advance) residents of potentially dangerous issues like this, or at least work more neatly. I would also appreciate it if they didn't walk through my front yard to get to their truck, which is not even parked at my house. Working in the community requires respect and consideration.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @aeh277. I'm sorry for your trouble. Are you an ATT customer? 

If you are, call 800-288-2020 and report the problem. They're going to send someone out to fix the cables that are hanging low.

If you are not an ATT customer, call the same toll free number and they will do the same thing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I, too, cannot locate a specific location to lodge a complaint.  Mine is in regard to Hurricane Irma.  In the last few months after the hurricane, work crews have been coming though my area (Cudjoe Key, where the eye of the storm crossed the Florida Keys).  They are either repairing damage or installing fiber optics or both.  These crews are working on the AT&T lines, but are not AT&T trucks, most have no company identification on the trucks.

The guys are rude, loud and inconsiderate.  I am a daytime sleeper, which is my own problem, but must they be so loud?  They yell at each other as though it is their only form of communication.  This is a phone company, don't they have access to communication device?  They are destructive, having run their trucks into my yard, causing lawn damage.

But the worst thing is the trash.  I am still trying to clean up the hurricane debris in my yard.  These guys are leaving empty water bottles, food bags and containers and bags from McDonalds.  Instead of picking up their trash, they just throw it in my yard.  I guess they figure that since I have to clean up the debris I won't mind cleaning up their picnic trash as well.

I swear, if there were any other company I could get my service through, I would switch in a nanosecond.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.