stewstruzer's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 8:57 PM

voip compatibility with home security system

u verse did not advise that my security system is not compatible with uverse voip.

last week my house was broken into, but the security system could not call for the police.

Now i am advised to change the phone line to a pots line, and it will take three weeks ( although i was promised 5 days). every time i tried to expedite the order it would take 2 hours to get the the POTs people, only to be accidentally disconnected. finally i reached a supervisor named mr. rodessik who promised immediate action and compensation for my trouble, and that he would call back in 30 minutes.

call never came..... customer service?? what does that mean?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Related question:  What about security systems that use phone dialers to call you when an alarm is triggered - seems to me these kinds of systems should be no different than an ordinary telephone.   Your thoughts?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi all,

Here's an interesting solution that enables you to be notified when an alarm is detected. If you take a look at this guide, you can see that you can receive an alert from the Central Station (the company that monitors your alarm system) when it detects an alarm in case of fire, burglar, unauthorised entry, etc. The communication can be carried out with the help of the Contact ID protocol, and the 'notification' will be transmitted through a VoIP call. Its opposite is also possible: you can send an alert to the Central Station through VoIP in case of emergency.

All the best, 

Harris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.