Explore & discover

Helpful Links

uverse voice * codes

Employee

uverse voice * codes

It is under my understanding that Uverse is now offering Speed Calling - although only the 30 number version. What about some of the other features that is available with the traditional phone line - such as *69; *61 and Ringmaster (AKA Distinctive Ring, Ring Mate; Multiring)? I keep on hearing about all of the so called feature enriched services. But when I look at my plan with the Complete Choice package (that's the original BellSouth Complete Choice; not this new thing called Complete Choice Enhanced); I count the same number of features. And these include all of the above I mentioned (not to mention I have Speed Calling 8 and 30 on the same line). If Uverse is truly IP, then perhaps they can also an IP version of Ringmaster where we can pick numbers from different cities. The benefit would be a local presense in a distant city - not to mention caller saving on potential toll charges - which would be similar to (but not exactly like) a Foreign Exchange line. As for *69, I have an older wall phone in the garage with no display. So when I arrive from work or a shopping spree, I can immediately pick up the receiver and press this code to verbally hear who called. And since Uverse is not regulated, I can't see why the return call feature should be limited to the lata. These are just a couple of examples how I use the phone. It should be noted that Verizon Fios offers all of these features - in fact their speed calling has 100 numbers using the traditional *75 code that was assigned for Speed Dial 30. And they offer a form of distinctive ring - although there is an extra cost for this service. I congradulate AT&T for adding a form of speed calling (which I believe actually has 32 numbers). Now let's get the rest. Regardless of whether this is for residental or business applications!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Employee

Re: uverse voice * codes

The other thing I forgot to mention yesterday was in response to "Modern Phones May Have Speed Dial."

They certainly do - just like many multifunction units have answering machines despite people using telephone company voice mail.

Nevertheless, these fancy telephones with the memory are just that - a telephone with a memory.

Suppose someone has multiple instruments on the same line that are not associated with a master base station?

Furthermore, let's say an individual (like myself) has an older reliable set that was manufactured by the old Western Electric Company or one of its licensees?

Let's face it - while analog in nature, you can drop them (which I have done accidentally) and the will just keep on going on forever.

If that's not enough, I want something where the WHOLE line is programmed - obviously in the switch.

This way, any phone can be used. And you can combine it with other features.

For example, adding a third party to a three way call can be done with the speed calling code. Similarly if I want to use call forwarding and that number is on my list, I can use abbreviated dialing.

Finally, with Uverse Voice, if they kept *98 as a speed calling code, why not the rest?

Although many may not agree, I think speed calling is one of the better features offered.

And I can guarantee, more people will use it then some of the included features such as Call Trace (*57)

Hopefully, this suggestion will be routed to the appropriate individuals so an enhancement can be made.

Thanks for your time

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 18
ACE - Master

There are many systems out there that do all this and more, with many handsets (cordless), there's also small inexpensive business systems designed for home use.  Whether or not you choose to use them and their features is your choice. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18
Employee

I agree - a lot of systems (especially Cordless) will do certain things.

But they're not in the switch.

Why not support the existing installed base?

But once again, can these these features in the handset work in conjunction with switched features ?

Furthermore, as far as speed calling is concerned, why not offer it for consumers?

Apparently, for business accounts, it is available. And I'm sure business phone systems offer even more features than a cordless handset as you specified.

But you are correct - it's my choice for the equipment. It is also my choice for service providers as well.

To say that to me on this blog was a somewhat foolish response. Especially for a firm that may have to issue secured debt to help pay for these purchases.

I would be willing to pay a little more for the features I desire.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to respond to this

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support