how to block unwanted calls ?>

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Master (ACE - Master)
Accepted by spoom2
‎09-12-2018 6:14 PM

Re: how to block unwanted calls ?

Depends on the service you're using.  If U-verse log into your Myatt account and access the phone features or use *61 to block the last call.  If traditional landline dial into the service and follow the prompts.  Features for both services can be found on the right side of this page. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

Can you please explain what do you mean by "dial into the service and follow the prompts" or provide a link? Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
ACE - Master

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Contributor

I need a workflow that will work with a traditional landline and no access to caller ID
Message 5 of 11
ACE - Master

If the information you're looking for is not in the "how to" link for a traditional landline provided, guess I'm not sure exactly what it is you're needing.  If you don't have CID how are you identifying what you want to block?  Have you tried the steps in the link?  Does the service you're paying for include call blocking?  If you don't know you'll need to call customer service to see what is included in your plan.

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

can I block unknown names

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

can you block unknow names on att uverse

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Master

Not that I'm aware of unless there's something new in digital call protect.  There are third party devices that claim to do this. 

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I have blocked the 100 numbers that *61 allows.  This has been over a long period.  I am getting many unwanted calls from newer numbers.  How can I clear out the current 100 blocked numbers and start again blocking more recent numbers.

Larry

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Master

release the ones you don't want, older ones, as they've probably given up.  This is done in your My ATT account and accessing the phone portal. 

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support