Explore & discover

Helpful Links

how do i turn off call waiting

Highlighted
Contributor

how do i turn off call waiting

how do i turn off call waiting. I am running a small business and call waiting beeping in all the time is making it hard to recieve calls.

Message 1 of 5
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by lawrence0921
‎08-20-2017 1:35 PM

Re: how do i turn off call waiting

If this is a att uverase phone, there is no star code you can use and you would need to access online acct and check phone settings to turn off from there. Robot Happy

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

press *313# then hang up the phone

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I did this; the phone line said 'simultaneous ringing turned off', but it lied.  I called my phone from 2 different numbers at the same time and the 2nd phone still rings.

Message 4 of 5
Teacher

If you're using Uverse VOIP service, try logging in through att.com/myatt using your member ID. Once logged in, follow the below click path:

My Digital Phone > Check or manage voicemail & features * > Phone Features > Call Waiting > Then turn off.

* Sometimes, after clicking "Check or manage voicemail & features," it will ask you to log in over and over again. If this happens, depending on what browser you're using, try accessing the portal through Private Browsing  / In Cognito mode (Ctrl + Shift + P or N) or you can also try clearing out your brrowsing history including the passwords (Ctrl + Shift + Del).

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support