aart12's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 13th, 2012 4:53 PM

how do i block a number that is not 7 digits long?

Someone has been calling, at all hourz (usually between 1am and 4am. There is never anyone on the line. The caller ID shows 10-119-2529 or variations of 9-2529, which is less than what is required to place them on the call blocking list. How can I block this nussance caller?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

This is NOT a solution. This is just reinterating that the system isn't ready for primetime. I SHOULD be able to go to 9910 on my TV and click "block this number". I should not have to go online, log in, find the right page, and then figure out how to enter 7 or 10 digits when I only have 1. Blocking Anonymous calls won't work - this has a caller ID. It's just blank. Or "Private". And the phone number is unabailable or "1" Private Unavailable 02-23-14, 4:51 PM 0:41 Private Unavailable 02-23-14, 11:10 AM 0:33 Unavailable 1 02-22-14, 2:11 PM 0:03 Unavailable 1 02-20-14, 7:51 PM 0:04 Unavailable 1 02-20-14, 7:25 PM 0:03 Unavailable 1 02-19-14, 7:48 PM 0:04 Unavailable 1 02-05-14, 7:17 PM 1:07 Unavailable 1 02-04-14, 7:27 PM 0:03 Private Unavailable 01-31-14, 6:58 PM 1:10 And, all my relatives use caller ID blocking. So, I can't do that. And, call screening is great - except that I need more than 20 numbers. This is a NON solution. The hackers are getting smarter. I would hope that AT&T could keep up?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

@WWG wrote:

What we need is to be able to block ALL calls, but... ANY we put in.  10, 50, 40,000 numbers - whatever amount it is.  Huh?  What's that AT&T - that would take up a lot of server room?  Oh, the lies.  It's funny how they have server room for us to have an Address Book online, in which we can clog up the servers with not only their First and Last Names, but a Middle too!  And Nickname!  And FIVE phone numbers!  Two IM screen names!  Title, Company and two Emails!  Address, website, work address and number!  And on and on and on.  Ok, I'm getting tired of typing so much.  Remove all that crud and then you'll be able to allow us to have a database of allowed phone numbers that is more than (laugh) 20.  But you won't, because AT&T is as dirty as all the telemarketers.  By making money off these bogus calls, instead of being happy with all the money they make off of legitimate calls.

HEY! what about having a setting that blocks all phone numbers that are not in your Address Book? Much as it offends me to put an addressbook online, at the mercy of AT&T, it would be a better solution that limiting us to 20 "good" numbers. On the other hand, if you ALLOWED us to add the "bad" numbers to an addressbook, and then ALLOWED us to block all numbers in that addressbook, then we have a solution that would work.

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

You could also use the "exclusive call forwarding" feature on your phone to stop twenty more calls from coming in. I picked a number from my call log that I know is a robo caller and forward other robo calls to it. This seems to be working for now.

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

I forgot to mention in my previous post another solution for unwanted calls...a whistle or air horn. Answer the call with a blast from either. This also seems to be working for now.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I recently tested using "Exclusive Call Forwarding" once the limit is reached for blocked numbers. In the call logs the calls will show as incoming with a duration of 0:00.  For the forwarding number I will be using the phone registration number for the National Do Not Call registry 888-382-1222 since that should never be reused.

Regarding the limit of 20 numbers for the "Call Blocking" list, I discovered that after 15 numbers are entered you can try to add another but it is not added to your list!  There is no error message so if you don't check your list you'd never know.  I discovered this earlier this week.  If the the limit is now 15 numbers, it would be nice if the feature description would read 15 instead of 20 and an error message provided when the 16th number is attempted to be added.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@RSAdotdotdot wrote:

Regarding the limit of 20 numbers for the "Call Blocking" list, I discovered that after 15 numbers are entered you can try to add another but it is not added to your list!  There is no error message so if you don't check your list you'd never know.  I discovered this earlier this week.  If the the limit is now 15 numbers, it would be nice if the feature description would read 15 instead of 20 and an error message provided when the 16th number is attempted to be added.

I do not find this to be true.  To test your observation, I deleted one number (taking my blocked calls down to 19) and added another.  I had and still have 20 numbers blocked.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Just tried adding more than 15 #s and It's obviously fixed now. If it was never "broken" then I'm obviously crazy, but I'm sure it was only accepting 15 a few days ago. Sorry for the confusion.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

What I would like to do is have a list of numbers that rings my home phone and the rest go directly to voice mail. Most telemarketers do not leave a message so it would not be a problem. If I forget to add "Aunt Fanny" to my list she could leave me a message, I could call her back and add her to the list. As it works now, if you allow the 20 calls, the other callers get the message that their number is blocked and you don't know that "Aunt Fanny" was trying to get a hold of you.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

All of a sudden the calls with a caller id number of "1" are being blocked for me. Yea!  In my experience these are always Republican political calls and it is very frustating not being able to block them.  

Anybody else notice that these are being blocked?  Since the phone rings one time and then stops I believe it must be the nomorobo service that I signed up for a while ago that has started blocking the "1" calls. nomorobo uses simulaneous ringing to identify numbers on their blacklist to answer and then hangup.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am receiving calls from the numbers thatvare "blocked." What's up with that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.