For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
burfrm01's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 12:22 AM

blocking calls

I want to be able to select which telephone numbers ring my home telephone and the rest to go to voicemail. Is there a way I can do that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

There is no option to have only calls you want ring to your house and the rest go to VM.  There is an option to use call screening which will allow you to select up to 20 numbers to ring thru and the rest will get a message "The nimber you dialed will not accept your call". 

This e-support article lists the features available: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401850&cv=814#fbid=jMnbI5-XaPG

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

burfrm01 - If you are willing to spend each month you could buy the less expensive second line and forward 20 numbers to it. If you do not have a ringer on the first line you will not be disturbed by any calls to it & unanswered calls will go to voice mail. The voice mail for both lines is combined, unless you build separate mailboxes.

As long as the second line stays low key, no one would call it direct, but, you could apply BBs solution to it. And, you could change the number if it gets a lot of calls.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.