thomerwald's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 21st, 2014 5:52 PM

Voicemail recieves "Email delayed" messages

I just switched from an ATT landline (and UM, Unified Messaging) to a Uverse telephone line.  Now, everytime I get a voicemail, I also get a voicemail notification stating "Delayed: Email to me@mydomain.com was delayed".  I get three of these over the course of a day and then get a fourth notice "Not Delivered: email message could not be delivered to me@mydomain.com.

For every voicemail I get 4 notifications about undeliverable email.  And the voicemail light on my phone blinks.

I went to my voicemail settings and turned off email notification.  Still get the mesages.  I went to my email service provider and added *Att.com" to my spam whitelist.

It seems this is something left over from my old ATT UM voicemail settings which I no lonter have access to.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

thomerwald - When you have POTS/UM your loop is wired to physical originating/terminating equipment. When you have U-verse voice you reach new originating/terminating  equipment via the internet.

When you move from POTS to U-verse the connection to the old terminating equipment is removed & a new O/T connection is built at another location.

Sounds to me like someone missed the first step. I am surprized we do not see more of this. It is easy to make a mistake & there are so many orders processed each day that this has to happen once or twice.

Send a PM to customer  care  here     giving your details & how to reach you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

After waiting on hold for an hour and 15 minutes, the service rep said that they had put in an order to disable my Unified Messaging account.  I'll have to wait and see if that takes care of things.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Av... I figured that was the problem.  And I was also surprised that it was not a more common problem.  Per nettiquette, I searched the forums a bit before posting. Anyway, I am still getting the "email delayed" messages but will give them 24 hours before I PM for support per your link. (They said they were working on it.)

I really appreciate that you included that becasue it's a pain searching the site for that stuff.

Thanks again

TWD

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I spent an hour and 15 minutes on the phone and it was a waste of time.  2 days later the problem never went away.  I did as Aviewer suggested and contacted online customer care and they fixed the problem which involved removing my old voicemail account.  I lost all my old voicemails but that was a small price to pay for getting the problem resolved.  I had to set-up my new voicemail account, which was expected.  I had to take one furhter step with my home phone system.  The voicemail notification light on my phone would not stop flashing but I suspected it was a local problem since after disconnecting and removing (then replacing) all the batteries, it was still flashing.  I had to go into the settings on my home phone handset and toggle voicemail notifications off and back on again.  

I've read several posts on the forum talking about the flashing light or notification issue and it may be a user problem, not ATT.

Thanks everyone

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

thomerwald - Based on other posts I believe the constant flashing is caused by the phone being out of synch with att. (i.e. att has no message & the phone thinks there is or vice versa. That is why there is a resynch setting on your phone.

The good news is this hardly ever happens & the reset is a pernanent fix until the oddball out of synch should happen again. How does it happen? I do not know.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.