Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail msg. via phone co.

Highlighted
Tutor

Voicemail msg. via phone co.

On my AT&T landline, my Panasonic phone will ring, then a message appears on the phone , "Voicemail msg. via phone co."  with an option below left to hit "ACCESS." I don't use AT&T's voice messaging service on this line. I have a message recorder here at home. I can remove the screen message by opening the line, then hanging up. If I hit ACCESS, the message appears "ask phone co. for VM access #." I don't want voice mail services with the phone company. But it keeps happening.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: Voicemail msg. via phone co.

Thank you for starting a new topic.  I've got some questions to help determine the problem. Please answer all questions. 

.Is this a traditional landline (POTS) or U-verse service?  The term landline is used for both, even though U-verse is not really a landline.

.Do you hear a stutter dial tone when you pick up the phone?

.is this a new phone or is it an existing phone and the trouble just started?

.Do people calling you hear something other than your home answering machines greeting?

.What model Panasonic phone do you have?

.Is this new phone service?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

.Is this a traditional landline (POTS) or U-verse service? The term landline is used for both, even though U-verse is not really a landline. Traditional land line. U-verse in on a different line.

.Do you hear a stutter dial tone when you pick up the phone? Nope, same sound as usual.

.is this a new phone or is it an existing phone and the trouble just started? Existing phone I've used for months, trouble just started today.

.Do people calling you hear something other than your home answering machines greeting? I just called the landline from my cell phone, and only heard the home answering machine's greeting.

.What model Panasonic phone do you have?  KX-TGM420

.Is this new phone service? No, same service I've had for more than a year.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Timina
‎02-15-2019 6:25 PM

Thanks for answering those questions, it helps narrow down where the problem maybe.  On page 28 of the manual found here is the message indicator.  According to the manual the voicemail default option is set to on.  I would assume changing that to off would cure your problem.  Let us know if that does the trick. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Thanks, turned it off!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support