For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CarolG16's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2018 4:42 PM

Voice Mail vs Answering Machine

I recently switched from another provider to a bundle:  DirecTV/internet/landline.  My AT&T cordless phone has an answering machine which seems to have been replaced by an voice mail service.  I no longer can hear and screen calls through my answering machine.  Instead if I do not answer, the caller goes into voicemail and a little envelope appears on my phone's screen.  I prefer my old system of answering machine where I hear the caller and get a message left on the machine.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

6 years ago

If you have u-verse log into your Myatt account and go to the phone features and turn voice mail off, or extend the rings which would let calls go to the phone company voicemail while your on the phone, if you wanted.  If this is a traditional landline you can extend the number of rings by dialing into the voicemail and following the prompts, if you want it turned off you have to call customer service. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

6 years ago

Answer was edited out as poster also open a new topic here

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you - I changed the # of rings and it worked!

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for letting us know it helped.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

How and where can I find that option by dialing in to voicemail?  I have tried many paths and have only reached dead ends.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.