Explore & discover

Helpful Links

VM Viewer Delayed: Message

Teacher

VM Viewer Delayed: Message

Earlier today I received a message in VM Viewer (IOS) that has the title of...

Delayed: <my_email_address>

When I open it the header says Delivery Report and it shows a phone number of (999) 113-0001 and nothing else.  I haven't been able to find any info on this. 

Does anyone know what this means?

...ron

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: VM Viewer Delayed: Message

I'm going to assume that you have the Forward voice mail to e-mail feature enabled.

What it looks like is that there was some delivery issue forwarding a voice mail to your e-mail and that this is a notification of that.

Either that or a new phishing scheme. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Expert

@rclewen - I had the same thing. It is also what the VM  reported when I called for messges. It was a gltch in the voicemail server that now appear to be fixed.

The thing is - I am in CT now served by Frontier. Are you in CT? If not the att system must work the same way. The system went bad & started issueing errors instead of vlid messages. Consder each error a missed message.

If you see any more of these report to att for repair - 1-800-288-2020

Message 3 of 7
Teacher

I do have that set up, so that would make sense.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Teacher

@aviewer wrote:

@rclewen - I had the same thing. It is also what the VM  reported when I called for messges. It was a gltch in the voicemail server that now appear to be fixed.

The thing is - I am in CT now served by Frontier. Are you in CT? If not the att system must work the same way. The system went bad & started issueing errors instead of vlid messages. Consder each error a missed message.

If you see any more of these report to att for repair - 1-800-288-2020

Not in CT. I am in IL.

I'll have to look, but I am pretty sure that I have received the VM in the VM Viewer app for all calls we have received today.

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

So... A couple of hours ago I started receiving e-mails indicating new VMs that actually happened hours earlier.  Now I am receiving multiple copies of e-mails from earlier in the day. It seems that there was a problem in the AT&T e-mail system.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

That, or your mail system, or the network in between.  The message you got was a "I can't deliver this now, I'll try again later" message.  Apparently it tried again.  And again.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support