Using Analog Telephone Adapter on UVerse Voice

Tutor

Using Analog Telephone Adapter on UVerse Voice

Can I use an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) with UVerse voice so that I can run my old pulse dial equipment?

If so, how do I get the settings for the SIP server, etc. to configure the ATA?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (2,701 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Using Analog Telephone Adapter on UVerse Voice

[ Edited ]

A couple of things first.  As U-verse voice is SIP to the AT&T Router at your premise and from there the router converts that to analog dial tone for use with most analog type phone sets.  This is the typical install.

It sounds like you have an external device that you would like to connect to the internet to allow your dial pulse devices to work over.  Currently AT&T does not offer a direct SIP connection in order for you to get your phone number.  It has to come from the jack on the back of the router.  Therefore any external SIP device you try to use will not allow you to connect and get your phone number.

An easier solution would be something like this: http://www.oldphoneworks.com/product.php?productid=19877&cat=0&page=1 or do a google search for "pulse to tone converter".

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (2,697 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to hook up my antique rotary dial phone.  THe dialgizmo that you reference is no longer made (none of the pulse to tone converters work with Uverse since it is very low voltage). I have found a VOIP Analog Telephone Adapter (converts pulse to tone) that connects to the backfeed phone line and outputs to the WAN port of the Residential gateway (uses the WAN to connect to the Voip provider). What I am trying to determine is can I use the ATA to connect to Att's Voip. To do this I would need to know how to configure the ATA to hook up to the ATT Voip.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7 (2,685 Views)
ACE - Master

It will not work as it's a SIP device.  AT&T does not offer a direct connection (via internet) to their SIP server.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (2,670 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author CMHPhone
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

CMHPhone - How about a rotatone? Or, look for a dial shaped tone pad?
http://www.oldphoneworks.com/rotatone-pulse-to-tone-converter.html
Message 5 of 7 (2,669 Views)
ACE - Master

Here is one that will work and it's in stock: https://www.oldphoneworks.com/cart.php?keep_https=yes

Message 6 of 7 (2,664 Views)
Tutor

It looks like the rotatone 2 may work. Thanks for pointing that out (the old version specifically said that it would not work with UVerse).

Message 7 of 7 (2,658 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.