Employee

Employee

• 

581 Messages

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 9:32 PM

Turn Voicemail On and Off

Turning on and off your voicemail can be done in 3 different ways

Option A

1.     Log onto Online Account Management Portal, enter your Member ID and password.

2.     From the main page the voicemail settings can be accessed two ways:

A.     Click the Voice Mail tab under the Quick Settings located on the left-navigation side of the page.

B.     Click Voicemail Settings, tab on the bar under the Voice Messages - Inbox.

3.     Check the status of the Voice Mail feature by reviewing the displayed On or Off located in the first tab under the General Preferences section of Voice Mail Settings. For details of the feature, click on the tab to expand.

4.     Change the Voice Mail status from On to Off or Off to On by selecting the radio button next to the desired selection. When you change the status from On to Off or Off to On, the feature will be saved, the division will be collapsed and the updated status is shown on the tab under General Preferences.

Option B

If you choose to turn off the following call forwarding features, you will not receive voicemails in your mailbox until the features have been turned back on.

1.     Log onto Online Account Management Portal, enter your Member ID and password.

2.     From the main page, access the AT&T U-verse Voice section and click the Manage Phone Settings tab.

3.     You then need to turn off the following three call forwarding options:

o    No Answer Call Forwarding

o    Busy Call Forwarding

o    Safe Call Forwarding

Option C

To disable the Call Forwarding Features over the phone use the following star codes *

1.     Pick up the phone and ensure there is dial tone.

2.     You then need to turn off the following three call forwarding options:

o    No Answer Call Forwarding *93# to turn off

o    Busy Call Forwarding *91# to turn off

o    Safe Call Forwarding *373# to turn off

o    Note: To enable voicemail again you will need to access the Online Account Management Portal

OTHER USEFUL ARTICLES

Subaccount Voice Mailboxes

Manage Greetings

Check Messages

Manage Pin

Setup Voicemail

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi patmoberly,

One thing to try is to login with your U-verse e-mail ID. I have landline services, and U-verse, and at one point, I had the same issue where when I logged in, it was just pulling up my U-verse account. After correcting a few issues with my access ID on my end, I was finally able to get it resolved, but in the mean time, I was just using my separate login to get into my account. Hopefully, this helps you out also. Let us know how it goes!

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sadly, this does not work for me. When I go to the Online Account Management web site I am automatically re-directed to the GoPhone login, and that web site only allows me to add more money for more minutes. It does not let me manage my account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.