Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Troubleshoot & Report for Landline Home Phone

Community Support

Troubleshoot & Report for Landline Home Phone

Home Phone banner.png

Submit a repair ticket

Note: If you need to speak to someone about an urgent matter, contact our chat support 24/7.

Submit a repair ticket

1. Go to www.att.com/repair.
  2. Select the Telephone icon in the middle of the page.
  3. Enter your home phone number and then select Continue.
  4. On the next screen, select the type of problem you're having, whether it's happening on multiple phone lines, and provide some additional information about your problem, such as when it started or if it has happened before.
  5. Select Continue.
  6. At this point, the tool will suggest some troubleshooting steps to check if this is something you can fix yourself, without waiting on a technician visit or incurring additional repair charges.
  7. If you still need to submit a repair ticket, select Continue.
  8. On the sign in screen, enter your home phone number and the last four digits of the account holder's Social Security number in the appropriate fields, then select Continue. (You can also sign in with the User ID and password for your online account.)

login home phone repair.png
  9. On the next screen, enter your contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached if necessary. You can also enter an email address, if you have one.
  10. In the Access Information field, enter any additional information we might need to know about accessing your residence (for example, a dog in your yard or a neighborhood gate code).
  11. Select Continue.
  12. Review the information you've provided, and then select Submit.

Additional help

Follow the steps to check on your repair appointment

1. Go to att.com/repair.
  2. Select the Telephone icon in the middle of the page.
  3. Enter your home phone number and then select Continue.
  4. On the next page, select Check Trouble Report Status.
  5. Sign in with your home phone number and the last four digits of the account holder's Social Security number. (You can also sign in with the User ID and password to your online account.)
  6. The next page will display a summary of your trouble report, including the date and time of your repair appointment, if one has been scheduled for you.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 8
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎05-16-2017 10:06 AM

Re: Troubleshoot & Report for Landline Home Phone

Need help with troubleshooting and reporting landline home phone issues? Check status of an appointment? See the information above for details.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

I ordered a "POT". A plain old telephone. I wanted a landline phone not a VOIPinternet phone. The installation took lace, but I have been unable to make or receive calls. The primary jack is all staticky and the other two are dead. Three technicians have responded with three different solutions. The last one said my cordless phone was the problem, so I bought new ATT phones. Still no working service. ATT has been unresponsive and I still cannot make or receive calls. Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

please send tech. to***** Muskego, WI 53150. I've already been down to the Muskego

Police dept. & called you & you sent a signal & my phone is still not working !!!

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

please send tech. to ***** WI 53150. I've already been down to the Muskego

Police dept. & called you & you sent a signal & my phone is still not working !!!

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I am Eloise ***** from Nanwalek Alaska my home landline phone is ***** the long distance is out in Nanwalek,Alaska it has been out for more than couple of days.I tried applying for Att but it wont let me Please is there away to fix our long distance in Nanwalek,Alaska we have local phone with ACS they told us that we had to get hold of you guys for our long distance outage for Nanwalek,Alaska if you cant find us just get a hold of someone in Anchorage or Homer.Thank you cant call me long distance is out.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

My elderly mother has an old landline in and old NYC apartment. Service is provided by a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) that is ripping her off with high fees. I'd like to transfer her (back) to AT&T.  How would I go about doing this?  

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I Have a land line and it doesn't work. When I type in a number I get nothing. When my wife calls me I cant hear her and all there is silence.. My name is Andrew W. ***. I live at *** Savannah Texas 76227. I cant even use my cell phone it doesn't work either. I need help

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support