Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 4:57 PM

Troubleshoot & Report for Landline Home Phone

Home Phone banner.png

Submit a repair ticket

Note: If you need to speak to someone about an urgent matter, contact our chat support 24/7 - scroll down to find the chat option.

Submit a repair ticket

1. Go to www.att.com/repair.
  2. Select the Telephone icon in the middle of the page.
  3. Enter your home phone number and then select Continue.
  4. On the next screen, select the type of problem you're having, whether it's happening on multiple phone lines, and provide some additional information about your problem, such as when it started or if it has happened before.
  5. Select Continue.
  6. At this point, the tool will suggest some troubleshooting steps to check if this is something you can fix yourself, without waiting on a technician visit or incurring additional repair charges.
  7. If you still need to submit a repair ticket, select Continue.
  8. On the sign in screen, enter your home phone number and the last four digits of the account holder's Social Security number in the appropriate fields, then select Continue. (You can also sign in with the User ID and password for your online account.)

login home phone repair.png
  9. On the next screen, enter your contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached if necessary. You can also enter an email address, if you have one.
  10. In the Access Information field, enter any additional information we might need to know about accessing your residence (for example, a dog in your yard or a neighborhood gate code).
  11. Select Continue.
  12. Review the information you've provided, and then select Submit.

Additional help

Follow the steps to check on your repair appointment

1. Go to att.com/repair.
  2. Select the Telephone icon in the middle of the page.
  3. Enter your home phone number and then select Continue.
  4. On the next page, select Check Trouble Report Status.
  5. Sign in with your home phone number and the last four digits of the account holder's Social Security number. (You can also sign in with the User ID and password to your online account.)
  6. The next page will display a summary of your trouble report, including the date and time of your repair appointment if one has been scheduled for you.

-ATTU-verseCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Need help with troubleshooting and reporting landline home phone issues? Check status of an appointment? See the information above for details.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I ordered a "POT". A plain old telephone. I wanted a landline phone not a VOIPinternet phone. The installation took lace, but I have been unable to make or receive calls. The primary jack is all staticky and the other two are dead. Three technicians have responded with three different solutions. The last one said my cordless phone was the problem, so I bought new ATT phones. Still no working service. ATT has been unresponsive and I still cannot make or receive calls. Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

please send tech. to***** Muskego, WI 53150. I've already been down to the Muskego

Police dept. & called you & you sent a signal & my phone is still not working !!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

please send tech. to ***** WI 53150. I've already been down to the Muskego

Police dept. & called you & you sent a signal & my phone is still not working !!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am Eloise ***** from Nanwalek Alaska my home landline phone is ***** the long distance is out in Nanwalek,Alaska it has been out for more than couple of days.I tried applying for Att but it wont let me Please is there away to fix our long distance in Nanwalek,Alaska we have local phone with ACS they told us that we had to get hold of you guys for our long distance outage for Nanwalek,Alaska if you cant find us just get a hold of someone in Anchorage or Homer.Thank you cant call me long distance is out.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My elderly mother has an old landline in and old NYC apartment. Service is provided by a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) that is ripping her off with high fees. I'd like to transfer her (back) to AT&T.  How would I go about doing this?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I Have a land line and it doesn't work. When I type in a number I get nothing. When my wife calls me I cant hear her and all there is silence.. My name is Andrew W. ***. I live at *** Savannah Texas 76227. I cant even use my cell phone it doesn't work either. I need help

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have filled out this forum or AT&T tech status sheet but it will not accept my last three digit account code, but this does not matter I have already spoke with a tech after 5 days of no phone no way to recieve medical transportation no way to setup appointments or assure family members of our well being. My neighbor also a very elderly woman also relies on her landline for 911 and tech says it appears to be a main phone box at the end of a cultasac down the road. I just hope weeks dont turn into months could be very consequential. I use to work underground power and we could have a whole community ran in the time it takes AT&T to just analyze the situation. I have patients but this is just ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have made up my mind that if my AT&T landline is not working by noon tomorrow, I will bundle my internet service with Spectrum phone and do away with AT&T, im only one person so it wont phase them, and mabey I will also talk to my elderly neighbor about joining me, she can not have this. Its such a shame too, so many years gone to waist with AT&T . How long could it possibly take to repair a phone signal box for 3 people. I thought AT&T was a big company, just not on manual labor huh? To focused on new customers, forget the loyal ones.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

AT&T is not like the AT&T we all use to know.  They are using the name but the service is horrendous. We had a problem with our landline ( check tel line) for going on 5 days and counting. I've been on the phone all day for the most part for the past 5 days with wait times exceeding 30 minutes and more.  Having to call back and waiting again. having them lose connection to me and not calling me back. Every atrocity you can think of with phone communication with these people has happened to me.  And nobody cares.  It's horrible. The people are rude and lie. The AT&T employees from the Phillipines, Mexico, India etc., and numerous AT&T foreigners who can barely speak English work for AT&T.. I didn't bother getting their names and id's it's just a waste of time. Run, run, run from AT&T as fast as you can go.  AS far as our Americans go,  I've had the displeasure of talking to Miss Brooks ID#829 from Texas who says nobody else is higher up to talk to than her, Miss Butler Administration Escalator id # L9N from Houston Texas, who lied to me saying the tech would be over by 6pm. Jo id #JPO from Texas who has no clue what she is talking about, Robert from Texas who told me a tech would be there between 8 and 12 and another tech would be over between 1 and 6.  Five days of talking to close to 50 AT&T employees and nobody has helped get my phone fixed. Nobody has shown up to fix my phone.  They are a waste of time. We have been with AT&T for over 50 years and have been lied to and ignored now.  We pay our bill every month and never been late,  (*(*^&**(*****()(Edited per community guidelines)H0LES the entire AT&T company and the horse they rode in on. I've asked for the top ATT&T manager to call me but have not gotten a response.  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.