Receiving fax with uverse voicemail

Contributor

Receiving fax with uverse voicemail

I am unable to receive fades on my hp all in one fax machine. When the fax tried to connect the phone says voicemail box is not accepting faxes.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue so I can receive faxes?

I can send faxes no problem at this time
Message 1 of 3 (835 Views)
Employee

Re: Receiving fax with uverse voicemail

Uverse voicemail by default picks up after 4 rings.

Either have VM disabled, use a home answering machine that can turn off when expecting a fax.

Set your fax to pick up before 4 rings

Set VM to pickup later, longest time is 6 rings.

Your issue .... Fax left unattended, would pick up before voice mail or voice mail will pick up before fax.

If need fax on all the time without concern of missing a fax, then need a 2nd number just for fax. Otherwise best is home answering unit, turn off when expecting fax.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (830 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Receiving fax with uverse voicemail

I believe MTs answer is good for standard FAX operation. But, the OP is more complicated.

" When the fax tried to connect the phone says voicemail box is not accepting faxes."

So a FAX is incoming & the machine tries to shake hands but fails??

Where does the mesage appear ? On the HP display? On a phone display.

Sounds like a setup problem on the HP.

But,the word voicemail sounds like U-verse voicemail. I thought I was remembering that the voicemail could be set up to receive a FAX, but, I cannot find anything on it.

I would like more detail on exactly what is happening.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (821 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

: Have phone trouble? Don’t wait, fix it now! Check out the links below, help is just a click away. You can also search for answers using the search feature above.

Additional Support