Crash55's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 20th, 2018 11:20 PM

Reached 100 Blocked Calls BUT Need to Block More!

Scam and Robo Calls are expected to increase by another 10 billion this year.  We in Florida are highly targeted.  We reached 100 blocked calls in just a matter of months.  Can the number be increased and/or the list reset and made new in order to start again.., and hopefully done in a somewhat user-friendly process??  Note:  We currently average at least a few highly suspect Unidentified/Unlisted Calls a day and even using call blocking sparingly we reached the aforementioned max of 100 as previously mentioned.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

You can access the phone features through your Myatt account and delete the ones you no longer need block and add others.  Also there's call protect offered by AT&T that is suppose to enhance blocking spammers.  There's also several third party call blocking devices on the market some that claim to block thousands of calls.  Never tried any of the third party devices myself, but several have pretty high ratings. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

nomorobo was replace by AT&T with digital call protect.  Both only work on digital services (VoIP and cell), not traditional landlines.  The term landline is used for services other than traditional landline. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Why is there a 100 number limit on call blocking?  There should be no limit in as much as AT&T is not implementing a system to prevent spoofing.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Did you see the mention of third party blocking devices that claim to block thousands of calls?  Just because you think it should be unlimited and free doesn't make it so. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T raised the limit from 20 to 100; they can raise it again until they
implement a number verification system.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Probably can, but probably won't.  If you want to block more number there's options out there, if all you want is to vent than you've done that.  I'll be as happy as anyone when the Telco's and the FCC get this worked out and get the consumer out of the middle of it all.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In just over two weeks I have blocked 57 numbers. And there are two numbers on there that AT&T simply doesn't recognize as a valid number. There are numerous FTC complaints against the number 245.189.003 and yet it still comes through at least twice a day. Plus, there are numerous calls with 'Spoofed' caller-IDs. I have reported all of this to the AT&T Security folks and to the FTC, I'm just not sure if that did any good; all I get told is that 'they can't tell me anything'.
AT&T forced me to change my landline phone number about 10 years ago when I move a few miles away from my previous home and this caused massive disruption with some of my elderly relatives who couldn't understand why our phone number changed. It took years to straighten that one out. This phone number change also disrupted calls from business associates who needed to be able to reach us; that problem took only a week or so to straighten out. I still have one aunt left with dementia who only knows this current phone number, I don't want to have to change or drop this number until after she becomes totally dysfunctional or passes away; I want her to be able to call us anytime.

I also cannot use the 'Call Protection' feature you offer as some associates contact us from behind various privacy walls, for their own protection. I have been on the federal Do-Not-Call almost since its inception, and it worked fairly well until recently. Having worked in the Communications Field as an analyst I understand a lot of what is and what should be, and I know the difference. 

I have finished my venting. At least I didn't shout from frustration.

Can you, or anybody here, tell me anything about those 'third-party' Apps? Do they work with standard digital phone landlines or are they only good for mobile phones?

I am new to this forum.
Thank you for listening.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 years ago

Just look up call blocking devices, you'll find several.  They aren't apps they are a unit you put ahead of your phone on the phone line.  Best bet is look them up and see if any will fit your needs.  The number you said can't be block is because it's not a valid format some of the third party devices might block them though.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I've used nomorobo.com for several years now.  It is free for land lines.  If they think the number is a robocall, your phone will only ring once,  (The caller gets a message like:  If you're human, press 48).  It's not perfect but very very helpful.  If you get several one ring calls from the same number you can always add the number to AT&T's call blocking list.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.