For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
AlaniChloe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 12:09 AM

Privacy Manager

I am wondering why the privacy manager has been discontinued.  I am know getting so many calls now since this feature is no longer available with just the phone number showing and the name that is showing is unknown name which is really bothersome.  Did the telemarketers have a say so in this?  I was under the assumption that by having the privacy manager feature ATT was protecting their customers from unwanted phone calls.  I would much rather have the name to show up.  For example my cousin could change her number but not her name.  If her name shows up I would recognize her name.  Now if she gets a new phone number I may not be aware of this and not answer since her name is no longer showing.  Please consider bringing this much need and important feature back.

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hello.

Sor fro any issues over the Privacy Manager feature. 

To get help with your DSL or Landline bill, please use one of the following: Landline service: http://spr.ly/66058aNuH DSL service: http://spr.ly/66068aNuy

Thank you for using AT&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I filed a formal complaint with the California PUC and received a pretty brief telephone call simply saying it was for business reasons.   Oddly, I presume that some customers were allowed to keep it.   The access # for my area 888-591-5191 is still up and working which would seem to indicate that the feature still exists.    I mostly dislike the fact that Callers who block their number no longer have the option to be voice-screened.     Some people, (Doctors, Professionals, etc) prefer to BLOCK their number and appreciated the ability to be put through by the automated screening process. It was also suggested to me that they eliminated it because it is not offered on “U-Verse” - so leaving it in place for landline users was a dis-incentive to up-sell customers to “U-Verse”. I am not happy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.