docbombay's profile

Guru

• 

1K Messages

Friday, November 30th, 2012 6:31 PM

Newest VM Viewer App Won't Stay Open

I updated the U-verse VM Viewer App on my iPhone 5 today through the App store, and now the screen opens but then immediately closes.  I tried multiple times, restarted the phone, and deleted and reinstalled the app, with no change.  Is anyone else having the same problem, and does anyone know of a solution?  I'm hoping it's just some bug that will be fixed soon, but I use this app daily to retrieve my messages on U-Voice (VOIP) and would hate to lose this feature.  Thanks.

docbombay

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

11 years ago

The app still isnt in the Apple (iOS) App Store (it has apparently been pulled because of this issue), but if you go to the App Store on your phone, and go to purchased and look at your previous purchased apps, you can find it in the list and redownload it and apply the settings I mentioned above and it will work fine.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, but granting the app access to contacts isn't really a fix.  Unless you're OK with AT&T having all your contacts, of course.

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

11 years ago

Your not giving AT&T all of your contacts. Your letting the app access your contact list. The fix works for the time being until they get the app itself fixed. If your not comfortable with giving the app access to your contacts, then just wait until the app shows back up in the app store.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.