larbo's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Sunday, August 14th, 2016 5:12 AM

New cordless phones, one will not register.

I have a new CL80113 phone set with an extra handset, totalling 5. No matter what I do, it only registers 4 and leaves one hanging out to dry. I deregistered all phonesets twice but each time, only 4 registered and it is supposed to have a capacity of 12.  What can I do to fix this? I tried lifting the unregistered phone off of the handset twice but it never registered. The 2 times I deregistered the handsets, a different phone ended up being the resulting unregistred one.

Also, is there a way to lower the ring volume of the base unit??

Thanks. Larry

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about the issues. From our research, that particular model only allows for 4 active handsets. For additional support on the phone you can go to www.telephones.att.com or call 1 (800) 222-3111.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

It is sold with 5 handsets and the manual says it can accomodate 12!!!   There is a second model number associated with this set... 82413. Does that help?

Thanks, Larry

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the phone, but before returning it to the manufacturer, try using the site or the number we provided to see if they can provide any further information on this issue. Sorry we do not have more information on this.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

While you were responding (so promptly!!) I added more info. I went on the Costco site where I bought it and they mention a second model number, 82413. Does that matter? 

PS: I am on hold on the phone for AT.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Let's try again with accurate information.

This is the handset package sold with 4 units (CL 82413)  It does say it will accommodate up to 12 handsets.

http://telephones.att.com/products/product_detail/2361

CL80113 is a single expansion handset.   http://telephones.att.com/products/product_detail/2426

@ATTCares wanna try again?    

@larbo.  This isn't the right forum anyway, please call support for your home phone.  (This is the cellular phone forum).   I suspect the package (CL 82413) is mislabeled as expandable to up to 12 units when it cannot do so.

These are the packs with 5 handsets.   http://telephones.att.com/telephones/shop-by-bundle/5-handsets

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

1. Is there a cordless forum??

2. Phone support told me that the 5th handset has to be registered on the base unit. I will try that out. Manual does not say that.

3. Do you have any idea of the base unit ringer volume can be changed? Manual also does not cover that.

Thanks, Larry

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

I have the same phone but with only 2 handsets (not sure about the model number).

As far as ringer volume goes, the base unit does not ring.  The handset it what rings and that's adjusted via each handset.  Menu button>scroll thru to Ringers>select>Ringer Volume.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

FYI, all it takes to register the 5th phone (in my case) was to put it on the base unit to charge. It must be done physically on the base unit. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

tried putting on base.  did not work.

the phone looks fine.  just says try  your call later.  battery is fully charged. my phone # is *****.  love my phones,  have a base phone with answer machine and 4 more phones.  toyal of 5.  there has to be a answer to this.

thanks

virginia [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

have a AT&T EL52419 DECT 6.0 cordless Phone with 4 handsets.. bought a second AT&T EL52419 DECT 6.0 cordless Phone with 4 handsets.. derigistered all the phones from both base units.. then tried to re-register then all to the original base units,, the original handsets will register but the second set will not register.. is there something else I should do to the second set of hand sets?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.