ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 3:30 PM

Closed

Need help with AT&T Traditional Landline Home Phone Support?

Home Phone banner.png

AT&T Traditional Landline Home Phone Support

Having trouble with your Home Phone features and settings? Need help with Voicemail setup? Want to know how to stop harassing calls? Need help with a traditional Landline Home Phone vs. a Digital Home Phone? We can help with that!

Troubleshoot & Report Landline Trouble – Learn how to troubleshoot and report landline home phone issues and check status of an appointment.

How to setup your voicemail box and greeting - Learn how to - Learn how to setup you land line voicemail, how to view online and how to get the voicemail app.

AT&T Remote Call Forwarding Legacy Landline – Learn how to use AT&T Remote Call Forwarding – Legacy Landline.

Anonymous Call Rejection (*77) Traditional Landline – Learn how to and features of Anonymous call rejection.

AT&T Home Phone: How to Use Call Block and Screening – Call Block/Call Screening is a feature that allows you to block phone numbers within your local calling area for your traditional home phone service.

Traditional Landline Star Codes and Calling Features – Learn what star codes you can use and when to use them.

How to stop unwanted or harassing calls – Learn how you can help stop unwanted and harassing calls.

Need Immediate DSL or Landline Assistance? – Chats agents available to help with any concern you may have including billing concerns, service issues, appointment requests or changes, and account changes.

Have other questions or concerns? Go to att.com or search the forums using the search bar above. Your question may have already been answered!

-ATTU-verseCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for visiting the AT&T Traditional Landline Home Phone support page. Be sure to let us know any feedback and thank you for being the best part of our community.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there any way, dial in, online account, etc. to activate call forwarding remotely? 

Ex. You forget to activate call forwarding before leaving home. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This was not helpful. I simply want to register to access my home phone account online to pay my bill. I have been trying to accomplish this simple task for 3 days. I have called the 800-288-2020 number listed on my bill but get transferred to help services that tell me they need to transfer me to other help services and this continues for hours until the office closes. I tried the 24/7 chat and after entering the necessary information I am informed that the chat is closed and given the normal business hours for same. What is the meaning of 24/7? Apparently I have misunderstood this. How many wasted hours must I spend trying to get access to my home phone account online because ATT help support cannot help?

Sincerely

A very frustrated customer

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I get no caller ID on the phone plugged into the att modem.  My tv and other phones show caller id.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

can't get caller id on phone plugged into att modem.  all other phones show it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same frustrating experience! It appears to me that AT&T has compartmentalized their so called customer service to the point of absolute failure. 

I have filed a formal complaint with the FCC as AT&T has failed and obstructed all attempts I’ve made to obtain usual & customare access and management of my account. This all started because when I placed my order for a landline phone, the rep entered my email address incorrectly. The land line is in an area 200 miles from my primary residence - my only options foe verifying my account is to have the verification code sent to the erroneous email address or the landline 200 miles away from me. I have wasted numerous hours talking to CS and Chatting with CS just in an attempt to have them correct my email address that THEY entered incorrectly. Ridiculous! If you are having problems like these - please report them to the FCC! 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

No what I want is a traditional landline phone service. No internet involved. Just my old service it is what I want . Where can I get service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The Service you are looking for is called “AT&T Wireline” Many Call Centers might not know what this is - especially if they are out of the country. It’s all very compartmentalized and if it is not on their “Script” to them it does not exist.
I’ve gotten results by calling Customer Service and just clarifying that I don’t want U-Verse or Wireless - I wand old fashioned Wireline Wall-phone Service. If the first person doesn’t know, just ask to speak to a manager. You can also use online chat and if you do MAKE SURE you save & or print the chat transcript for your records. You might also try att.net and Contact AT&T Corporate via phone or email (I like creating a paper trail because it give you printable documentation of your efforts and the replies you receive.

My personal experience with a similar issue happened to be a time consuming and frustrating one but in the end, it was my saved documentation and other steps that ultimately let to the desk of the Assistant to the Office of the President of AT&T.
Once I found my way to that level, my problem was resolved within about 5 days - and I’m grateful to those at AT&T at all levels who did their best and eventually got my problem solved.
Best of luck, you will get to the right department, don’t forget to breathe - document every call and person you speak with.
I know now that AT&T does want to provide service and help - and that they realize they are overtly compartmentalized in many areas that causes many gaps that that are working on bridging.
I do not work for AT&T - LOL.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.