GB777's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM

NOMOROBO - Legit?

Anyone using NOMOROBO to stop robo calls? Is it for real?

I've got 10 blocks for Card Services/Consumer Services and get constant calls from other scammers. If I put a block on the number, a week later they call with a different number.

No, talking to them and asking to be removed from their call list doesn't work as as soon as you mention it they hang up.

I couldn't find anything bad about NOMOROBO and Uverse seems to be on their compatibility list. You need to create an account and give them your phone number.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Stop calls that are autoiconmy coming on my phone [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have found the service to be very valuable stopping most calls.
However, now the solicitors are trying to outsmart the system. I highly recommend
NOMOROBO though.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

NoMoRobo is absolutely worth every cent (hard to argue with FREE) and it does do a good job of reducing (not even close to eliminating) some robocalls --
BUT there is so much more that they could EASILY do (such as blocking calls with obviously faked Caller IDs, including invalid numbers) and at least allowing customers to report robocallers that are using spoofed Caller IDs consisting of "invalid" numbers.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have been using NomoRobo calls for years now. It was 100% effective until several months ago there are 2 and only 2 Robocalls that found away to beat it. It is still 99.999999... effective though.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So i have the VOIP and internet from AT&T. No TV. Does VoIP count as a traditional landline, even though it does not have the copper connection? I would really love to block every single robotic call that comes in.

Thanks for your advice.

Mollie

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

6 years ago

No, VOIP is not traditional landline service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Try a Program called "NoMoreRobo" (Spelling ?). I think you have to pay noe.
I got when it first came out for free. What it does is have you set up a
phony Call Forward Number with your landline carrier. You MUST let the phone
ring once. The software recognizes Robocalls and sends them to your phony
call forwarding number. No 2nd ring. So, if you get post 1st rings, you know
it is probably legit. It doesn't stop real people telemarketers. You have
to verbally abuse these people yourself. The program is 99.9% effective.
However, there are just 2 Robocallers that somehow evade the software.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.