GB777's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Sunday, March 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM

NOMOROBO - Legit?

Anyone using NOMOROBO to stop robo calls? Is it for real?

I've got 10 blocks for Card Services/Consumer Services and get constant calls from other scammers. If I put a block on the number, a week later they call with a different number.

No, talking to them and asking to be removed from their call list doesn't work as as soon as you mention it they hang up.

I couldn't find anything bad about NOMOROBO and Uverse seems to be on their compatibility list. You need to create an account and give them your phone number.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@1consumer

From dashboard choose My ATT>Home Phone>My Phone Service>Manage features.

You must register with Nomorobo first.

Have had Nomorobo for about 2 months and I LOVE it. Have had only 1 call get through and that was from a local fire department soliciting donations.The rest of the time the phone will ring once and then quit if it's a robocall. Previously we were receiving 3-6 calls per day.  Highly recommend.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

9/2/15 AT&T cannot help and denies knowledge of Nomorobo.  When I try to utilize the *313# feature, it deactivates the "locate me" feature.  I also cannot go first to register at Nomorobo because it requires me to utilize the tabs and features which are not on the AT&T website.  Catch 22: cannot go through Nomorobo or AT&T first.  Please help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Log in with the uname/pword for your U-verse account.MyAT&T tab will drop down to Home Phone, My Phone Service, and Manage Features.Find on features list the Locate Me feature. Click it from off to on, add the number 8667326185, click add, then save; it should now show as on and list the 866 number.Go to nomorobo website, open an account, list your phone number, click on test button, your phone will ring and you are then set up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

tired to use it but did not work.  Called att Uver on the phone for 20 minutes and they couldn't help and told me to contact nomorobo.com.. What am I doing wrong.  Went through the setup and when they called to verify it kept ringing and I answered and recording said not activated..tks. bob

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

8 years ago

I have been using NOMOROBO for about 3 or 4 months now, and it works great. If I get a call from one of these scammers my phone rings only one time before it goes dead on the callers end...and mine stops ringing. But, if I get a call from a legitimate business, regardless of wether or not I am expecting it, the call goes through. Same for  family and friends. I had read about this program for over a year, but never installed it until I went to the AT&T website one day to pay my bill, when I noticed that the phone company was also supporting the use of this app. I clicked on the link, taking me to the website, where I got the instructions on how to install and set it up. It only took a few minutes to set up, and it's been working great. And, not only does it work well, it's also free!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T customers like you have put AT&T’s CEO Randall Stephenson in a real bind. After trying to punt the responsibility for enacting tougher robocall blocking protections to the FCC, the FCC made it perfectly clear in a statement: “There are no hurdles preventing AT&T from taking immediate action to block robocalls.”

If AT&T tries to tell you that they already offer robocall blocking, make sure they know you want FREE, EFFECTIVE call-blocking tools to stop unwanted robocalls for everyone (not just the limited options they offer now).

AT&T knows they need to take action; they just don’t want to put the time and money towards a solution.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I was an early adopter of Nomorobo and I love it! It does an outstanding job of picking up those annoying telemarketing calls and the ones from "Windows" wanting to "fix" my PC while letting the legit ones through. Our evenings are much more peaceful since Nomorobo came to town. And it works great with U-Verse and AT&T Mobile!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

bbeaver61 - So how do you get it to work with ATT Mobile. All other posts on this conversation say it can't be done.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I easily set up Nomorobo about a month ago on my U-Verse landline and I'm just an every day senior citizen. 😉 Anyway, it is working well; however, I have learned that it is blocking calls from my county government, person was told to enter some numbers and still did not get through. This has happened several times.

Yesterday I was talking with a manufacturer with whom I working on an issue and they said they tried to call me and could not get through.

There may be other calls that should have come through, but didn't, but I have no way of knowing.

So, how do I correct this problem of important phone calls not coming through?

Thank you very much for your help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

NOMOROBO is FANTASTIC!!!  It blocks about 99.9% of solicitations and works just as it says it does.  Try it - you won't be sorry!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.