bbake1942's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 3:39 PM

Increase # of rings on landline with call blocking

I have a newer phone with call blocking.  Caller hears 3 rings, I do not here these, then my phone rings 3 times, but on the third ring, phone goes to answer mode.  I have phone set at highest number of rings (6) but sometimes I can't get to the phone by the 3rd ring that I hear.  Is there a way I can set more rings?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 years ago

You'll have to check the manual for your phone, but I doubt it.  The blocking feature has to check what's programed in the phone after it gets the caller id information which comes between the first and second ring, so the best the phone could do is past the ring through at the tail end of the second ring.  Not sure why your answering machine would answer prior to the six rings you have it set for, unless you also have phone company voice mail, which would explain why it answers prior to you hearing six rings.  If you're talking about phone company voice mail than it probably is answering on the sixth ring, but you don't hear the first three because of the phones blocking features. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.